Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

CS204 Assignment 01 Spring 2021 Solution / Discussion

Views: 244

Replies to This Discussion

Share the Assignment Questions & Discuss Here.... 

Stay touched with this discussion, Solution idea will be uploaded as soon as possible in replies here before the due date.

CS204 Assignment 01 Spring 2021 Solution files 

Click on the below link to download the file

CS204_Assignment%2301_Solution-Spring_2021-Complete-Solution.docx

CS204_Assignment%2301_Solution-Spring_2021.docx

Spring%202021_CS204_2.docx this is the second assignment of this subject due date is 08-06-2021

Koi hal ni hafsa, ma smja solution upload kiya.

Iska solution mil gya to share kr den plz

Kindly share solution,, I m also waiting

Thanks

• Plz share the solution of cs204 frst assignment..

CS204 Assignment 1 Solution Spring 2021 ||Cyber Law|| 100% Correct Solution

Question No. 1

Suppose you have received the following email:

Dear account holder,

We are pleased to announce that you have won $10 Million through a lucky draw conducted on April 12, 2021 in the bank’s headoffice. We want to transfer this amount into your account immediately so that you can start making the huge withdrawls as soon as possible. To confirm that you are the authentic account holder and are still in the possession of your bank account, you need to provide us with a few answers to verify your authenticity.

Please provide us the following details immediately as the prize is only valid for next 24 hours:

·        Name (first and last):

·        Account Login:

·        Password:

·        Date of birth:

·        16 digit number of your debit card

·        Your registered phone number

Considering the above email, answer the following questions:

·        What is the name of the cyber attack?

Sol:  The Name of Cyber attack is Cyber stalking.

·        What should be your response to this email or any other email of the similar nature?

Sol: First I will have changed my Pravicy settings. I will change my account password immedietly. I will my personal information like my contact number, address an email. I will maintain my firewall settings. I will turn off my internet. I will unstall unsseccary software. I will create a new string password and pravicy settings.

·        Mention any two possible prevention measures that could protect you from getting such          emails in the future.

Sol:  Install a firewall

Putting your Network behind a firewall is onr among the foremost effective ways ti degined yourself from any cyber-attack.A firewall system will block any brute force attacks made o your network and system before it can do any damage, somthings we will assist you  with.

Control access your system

Believe or not, one among the attacks that you simply can receive on your system are often physical, having control over who can access your network is basically important. Somebody can simply walk into your office or enterprise and connect a USB key containing infected files into one among your computers allowing them access to your entire network or infect it. It’s essential to regulate who has access to your computers.

Question No. 2

Suppose you are working as an IT manager who is managing the hosting server of the company’s website. The web server is receiving an abnormally huge number of web page requests from a few different IPs simultaneously. Considerig this case, please answer the following questions:

·        What is the name of cyber-attack which is occurring in the scenario?

Solution:   The Cyber-Attack name

·        Denial of service attack

·        Mention any three prevention measures to avoid or to cope with this cyber attack.

Solution:   there are three type of cyber attack

·                       Identfy warning sign of a DDOS attack

If you can identify the symptos of a DDOS attack as early as possible. You can take action and hopefully mitigate demage. Spotty connectivity, slow perofmance, and intermittent etc.

·        Orgnization a DDOS Attack response Plan

Don’t be caught blindsided by DDOS attacks: have a response plan a ready in case of security breach so your organization can respond as promptly as possible.

·        Perform a Network Vulnerability Assesment

Identify Weakness in your network before malicious user does. A Vulnerability Assesment involves identify security exposures so you can patch up your infrastructure to be better prepared for DDOS attack, Or for any cyber security risks in general.

Cs204 Assignment 1 Solution Spring 2021

Question No. 1

Suppose you have received the following email:

Dear account holder,

We are pleased to announce that you have won $10 Million through a lucky draw conducted on April 12, 2021 in the bank’s headoffice. We want to transfer this amount into your account immediatelysothatyoucanstartmakingthehugewithdrawsassoonaspossible.Toconfirmthat youaretheauthenticaccountholderandarestillinthepossessionofyourbankaccount,youneed to provide us with a few answers to verify yourauthenticity.

Please provide us the following details immediately as the prize is only valid for next 24 hours:

• Name (first andlast):
  • Account Login:
  • Password:
  • Date ofbirth:
  • 16 digit number of your debitcard
  • Your registered phonenumber

Considering the above email, answer the following questions:

Question:  What is the name of the cyberattack? Answer: The name of cyber-attack is cyberstalking.

Question:

What should be your response to this email or any other email of the similar nature?

Answer: First I will changed my privacy setting. I will change my account password immediately. I will change my personal information like my contact number, address and email. I will maintain my firewall setting. I will turnoff my internet. I will uninstall unnecessary software. I will create new strong password and privacy setting.

Question:

Mention any two possible prevention measures that could protect you from getting such emails in the future.

Answer:

Install a Firewall:

Putting your network behind a firewall is one among the foremost effective ways to defend yourself from any cyber-attack. A firewall system will block any brute force attacks made

on your network and/or systems before it can do any damage, something we will assist you with.

Control access to your systems:

Believe it or not, one among the attacks that you simply can receive on your systems are

into one among your computers allowing them access to your entire network or infect it. It’s essential to regulate who has access to your computers. Having a fringe security system installed may be a excellent thanks to stop cybercrime.

often physical, having control over who can access your network is basically important. Somebody can simply walk into your office or enterprise and connect a USB key containing infected files

Question No. 2

Question: What is the name of cyber-attack which is occurring in the scenario?

Question: Mention any three prevention measures to avoid or to cope with this cyberattack.

Answer:

Perform a Network Vulnerability Assessment:

Identify weakness in your networks before a malicious user does. A vulnerability assessment involves identifying security exposures so you'll patch up your infrastructure to be better prepared for a DDOS attack, or for any cyber securityrisks generally.

Protect Your DNS Servers:

Don’t forget that a malicious actor could also be ready to bring

your web servers offline by DOS your DNS servers. For that reason it's important that your DNS servers have redundancy, and placing them  in several data centers behind load  balancers is additionally an honest idea. a far better solution may even be to maneuver to a cloud-based DNS provider which will offer high bandwidth and multiple points-of-presence in data centers round the world. These services are specifically designed with DDOS prevention inmind.

Practice Basic NetworkSecurity:

The most basic countermeasure to preventing DOS attacks is to permit as little user error as possible. Engaging in strong security practices can keep business networks from being compromised. Secure practices include complex passwords that change on a daily basis, anti-phishing methods, and secure firewalls that allow little outside traffic. These measures alone won't stop DOS, but they function a critical security foundation.

THE END

CS204 Assignment 01 Spring 2021 Solution files 

Click on the below link to download the file

CS204_Assignment%2301_Solution-Spring_2021-Complete-Solution.docx

CS204_Assignment%2301_Solution-Spring_2021.docx

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

VIP Member Badge & Others

How to Get This Badge at Your Profile DP

------------------------------------

Management: Admins ::: Moderators

Other Awards Badges List Moderators Group

Latest Activity

Ammara Sabir posted a status
"Jb muhabat hi nhi drmyan tu ;;;;;;;;;;;: wu rothein kya @@@ or hm mnaein kya"
1 hour ago
Ammara Sabir liked Honey Chaudhary's discussion Sabit to kar
1 hour ago
Ammara Sabir liked + ♥ Haniya khan's discussion (Bal-e-Jibril)
1 hour ago
Ammara Sabir liked Honey Chaudhary's discussion شور کروں گا اور نہ کچھ بھی بولوں گا
1 hour ago
Ammara Sabir liked + ♥ Haniya khan's discussion (Bal-e-Jibril)
1 hour ago
Ammara Sabir liked ♥Sυɠαɾ Gҽɳιυʂ♥'s discussion just feel
1 hour ago
+ ♥ Haniya khan liked ♥Sυɠαɾ Gҽɳιυʂ♥'s discussion just feel
6 hours ago
+ ♥ Haniya khan replied to ♥Sυɠαɾ Gҽɳιυʂ♥'s discussion just feel
6 hours ago

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service