We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
CS205 Assignment No 01 Spring 2020 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 29-05-2020
CS205 Information Security Assignment 1 Solution & Discussion Spring 2020
Assignment No. 01
CS205: Information Security
Total Marks: 30
Due Date: 29/05/2020
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:
You need to use MS word document to prepare and submit the assignment on VU-LMS.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
§ The assignment is submitted after due date.
§ The assignment is not in the required format (doc or docx)
§ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
§ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc)
To enhance the learning capabilities of the students about:
In today’s IT world, different stores are running their businesses through Internet which enables their customers to make sales and purchase transactions online 24/7 from anywhere. Time saving is one of the prime benefits of online business/shopping as the customers don’t have to physically visit the business/shopping centers in this regard. In addition, online businesses also provide the facility of online support and tracking of their orders/transactions to their customers. The customers can get their queries clarified and can track their delivery status i.e. when the goods /products are going to be dispatched to them.
However, in spite of all the benefits of online business/ shopping, still a large number of people hesitate to make online account on the website of online store to perform online transaction due to fear of losing their personal / account information. To ensure the customer gain, the online businesses must need to apply some OSI preventive security measures/services to tackle with the risk associated with their businesses.
In view of above, you are required to carefully analyze each scenario given below and identify the most suitable OSI security service to tackle the risk associated with each scenario:
1. Customer’s personal or order information is considered very important and it should be available only for that specific customer.
2. Customer’s delivery address is stored in the database of an online store for delivery of required items. An employee of this store having legal rights to access this database, unintentionally changes this address information which resultantly can misguide the delivery of products on wrong address.
3. Online shopping website is not accessible due to which its customers are unable to place orders or do any other transaction.
4. Delivery receipt should be received in same form as it is sent to a customer.
5. Online shopping store is going to launch new promotions, but this plan is leaked prior to its launching.
6. While online shopping, customer is transferring online payment via credit card. Both the parties i.e. customer and related bank should be guaranteed for identification of each other.
7. A customer is only allowed to see his/her order status, but not allowed to make any changes in his/her order information after successful submission of order request.
8. A customer performs online order and then later denies for his/her order. How online business will tackle/handle this situation?
9. A customer sends email to an online store to know about his/her order status and the online store replies to the customer with related information of order status. This information should be received as it is sent by online store.
Consider an online performance evaluation system of a company where its employees enter the daily status of the tasks assigned to them in online sheets available in the system. The sheets are analyzed by the competent authorities of the company on daily basis to evaluate the performance of the employees.
You are required to briefly explain the confidentiality, integrity and availability with the help of example associated with this system.
In your point of view which component of C.I.A. Triangle model will get the highest importance and which component will get the least importance according to above mentioned scenario?
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
Students having same subject can start discussion here to solve assignment, GDB & Quiz and can clear their concepts until solution is provided.
P.S: Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”
Then copy Questions from assignment file and paste in Discussion.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)
+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)
+ Click Here to Join (Our facebook study Group)