Assignment No. 03
SEMESTER Spring 2018
CS304- Object Oriented Programming
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The assignment is submitted via email.
- The assignment is copied from Internet or from any other student.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
- It is in some format other than .cpp.
- Note: You are supposed to submit your assignment in .cpp Any other formats like scan images, PDF, zip, doc, rar and bmp etc will not be accepted. All types of plagiarism are strictly prohibited.
For any query about the assignment, contact at CS304@vu.edu.pk
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Define base and derived classes with their respective data members and member functions
- Implement Multiple Inheritance.
For any query about the assignment, contact at email@example.com
Consider yourself working as a software engineer in a marketing company of both hardware and software. The IT manager has given you a task to model a part of their simple advertising system. In this system, there will be four classes named Item, Sales, hwItem (Hardware Item), swItem (Software Item)
Steps to follow:
- Create a base class Item that should store the title of the item (a string) and its price (a float).
- Then create another base class called Sales which should contain an array of three floats so that it can record the sale in rupees of a particular item for the last three months.
- After that derive two classes hwItem (hardware item) and swItem (software item) from both Item and Sales The hwItem class should hold category of the item and its original manufacturer (om), whereas the swItem class should contain the type of the software and the Operating System (os) under which it works.
- Each class should have its own getData() and displayData() functions to input and output data respectively.
The following hierarch of classes should be used for the assignment solution.
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 23-32.
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted at or before.