+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
CS312 Database Modeling and Design Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion
Assignment No. 01
Semester: Fall 2019
CS312: Data Base Modeling and Design
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 14/11/2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
• Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
Note: You have to upload only .doc or .docx file. Assignment in any other format (extension) will not be accepted and will be awarded with zero marks.
The objectives of this assignment are,
• Giving the idea of the most common tool used in designing database systems i.e. Software Requirement Specification
• To become familiar with Software Requirement Specification document and to define complexities in the system.
For any query about the assignment, contact at
After interview with a customer, System analyst write a report of system specification that is provided to you below;
Scenario / System Requirements
The aim of this project is to develop a website named as “University Certificate Management” to provide instant updates about the status of an application in a University. Using this web-based application, students can submit their applications to the relevant department and then track the progress of their applications. Verifier can login to the system and check the certificates given by University are valid or not. The users of this website are Admin, Students, Teachers, Examination Clerical Staff, Finance staff and from outside Verifier.
The system will store the below information in it.
• Student basic Details
• Semester and Course Details
• Certificate Templates
• Events/Functions Details
• Staff Details
To use the system, user must be register with the system. The system admin have to approve user registration request. Only Clerical Staff and Teachers are allowed to insert the data. Students can only view the details and apply for the required certificate. Verifier can only check certificate authenticity. Only admin has right to see / alter some basic information of users e.g. in case of password lost, admin would help user to recover / reset system password.
Major properties that system should have:
Following are the key functional requirements of proposed Project:
• Sign In and User Registration
There will be two categories of users:
• Internal Users (Admin, Students, Teachers, Examination Clerical Staff, Finance staff)
• External Users (Verifier)
Clerical Staff will have the privileges to upload students and teachers information on the website.
Admin will be the user of website having rights of user management. Admin will approve the registration requests from users and recover accounts for registered users.
There will be Sign In interface for registered users and Sign Up interface for unregistered users to register on the website.
• Information Uploading / Posting
• Examination Clerks are responsible for Semester and course related data management and assign courses to Teachers.
• Teachers are responsible for the grades and the assessment related data of their students.
• Finance Clerks are responsible of Fee related data management.
• Information Retrieval:
• Students can check their pass courses and request for certificates.
• External Users can only verify the certificates after authentication.
• Generating Certificates
• A verification interface must present to check whether request is valid or not.
• Examination Clerks create certificate on user request after proper verification.
Tasks to Perform
You have to identify following from the project specification / requirements that are written by System analyst after interview with customer;
1 - User Characteristics or type of users [5 Marks]
2 - Functional Requirements (at least 5) [10 Marks]
Best of Luck!
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
User Characteristics or type of users
This covers the characteristics of users in three senses: the end user who will interact with the machine translation system; the end user of the final product of the translation process which may include for example, post-editing; the organisation deploying the machine translation system
Relevant qualities - from part 2
Translators Post-editors Translation consumers Translation managers Higher level management
Users here are human users. When an MT system is a component of a larger system, for example an information retrieval system, other pieces of software may be considered to be users of MT output. Which parts of the quality model will apply in the case of a software user is inherently linked to the overall application in question. Software as user is not explicitly considered in the current version of this taxonomy.