Actually we are just promoted to next semester and trying to start the studies so the confusion is that which software to use and from where we can get that, like in C++ we use Dev C++ , so in Assembly Language how can we get started so kindly tell us about the Software to use and how to configure that etc etc
This subject needs special attention, as it is not easy to understand its concepts, I recommend following:-
1. Download Notepad++ find from google and install the latest version, its freeware. Then write your assy programs in it and save it as *.asm extension.
2. Download and install NASM 2.10.05 from google or course download section. This is the compiler required for this course. You need to compile all of your programs which you wrote in Notepad++ with .asm extension with NASM compiler, which generates .com and .lst files in same folder, there is a command for that (given in handouts) I tried to upload NASM software here but size is in KBs but ning does not allow.
3. To run the program at times u need DOSbox 0.74 (you can also find it on google) or I can send my email
4. Revise all your concepts of Hexadecimal numbers and binary numbers, how hexadecimal is converted to binary and vice versa. How you do binary addition etc.
5. Listen to all video lectures, and copy paste the code given in handouts into Notepad++ save it with asm extension and then compile with NASM and see the result, then understand the program (thats important)
Rest wish you best of luck in this course...
Thank you so much and one more thing will NASM 2.10.05 work on Windows 7 platform ?
No problem, I have windows-8 and it is working perfectly on 7 & 8 both
Sir unable to install , can you please send reliable link and steps to follow, actually its not in exe file format so I would be glad if you help me please
I have shared all the required softwares and reference books...you may download from following link:-
Simply install the NASM software, and also extract AFD (Assembly Debugger) and then compile your program.
Thank yo so much may God bless you
i hve win 7 64bit, nasm 2.10.05 is not installing whn i got it frm link dat u hve proided, plz help me dear,, n i cn't find any AFD debugger for windows 7 64bit,
This version of NASM is not compatible with win7 64bit; for that you need to get DOSbox; which is difficult to use....I recommend you install win7 32 bit in Oracle Virtual machine and do your CS401 practice in win7 32 bit, using NASM
thx my mail faisalrazzauq@gmail
dear plz ap midterm mcqs oar subjective paper b upload kr dain, , plzzz,
nice reply Airborne
Students don't worry if you don't understand this subject. It is difficult, so just try your best.
InshaAllah you will pass too
ya, m starting wid u,,, i need lecture handouts of cs401,, plz some one uplod it,,,