Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

Actually we are just promoted to next semester and trying to start the studies so the confusion is that which software to use and from where we can get that, like in C++ we use Dev C++ , so in Assembly Language how can we get started so kindly tell us about the Software to use and how to configure that etc etc  

Views: 635

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Ifra,

This subject needs special attention, as it is not easy to understand its concepts, I recommend following:-

1.  Download Notepad++ find from google and install the latest version, its freeware.  Then write your assy programs in it and save it as *.asm extension.

2.   Download and install NASM 2.10.05 from google or course download section.  This is the compiler required for this course. You need to compile all of your programs which you wrote in Notepad++ with .asm extension with NASM compiler, which generates .com and .lst files in same folder, there is a command for that (given in handouts) I tried to upload NASM software here but size is in KBs but ning does not allow.

3.  To run the program at times u need DOSbox 0.74 (you can also find it on google) or I can send my email

4.  Revise all your concepts of Hexadecimal numbers and binary numbers, how hexadecimal is converted to binary and vice versa.  How you do binary addition etc.

5. Listen to all video lectures, and copy paste the code given in handouts into Notepad++ save it with asm extension and then compile with NASM and see the result, then understand the program (thats important)

Rest wish you best of luck in this course...

Take Care

Thank you so much and one more thing will NASM 2.10.05 work on Windows 7 platform ?

Yes, 

No problem, I have windows-8 and it is working perfectly on 7 & 8 both

Sir unable to install , can you please send reliable link and steps to follow, actually its not in exe file format so I would be glad if you help me please 

Dear Ifra,

I have shared all the required softwares and reference books...you may download from following link:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e73zlsomc7kadu6/n8ip4QrGww

Simply install the NASM software, and also extract AFD (Assembly Debugger) and then compile your program.

Thank yo so much may God bless you

i hve win 7 64bit, nasm 2.10.05 is not installing whn i got it frm link dat u hve proided, plz help me dear,, n i cn't find any AFD debugger for windows 7 64bit,

This version of NASM is not compatible with win7 64bit; for that you need to get DOSbox; which is difficult to use....I recommend you install win7 32 bit in Oracle Virtual machine and do your CS401 practice in win7 32 bit, using NASM

thx my mail faisalrazzauq@gmail

dear plz ap midterm mcqs oar subjective paper b upload kr dain, , plzzz,

nice reply Airborne

Students don't worry if you don't understand this subject. It is difficult, so just try your best.

InshaAllah you will pass too

ya, m starting wid u,,, i need lecture handouts of cs401,, plz some one uplod it,,,

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Latest Activity

Mr Siren Head replied to Hania Khalid Shariff's discussion zero semester
20 minutes ago
Profile Iconshahzad Hussain and Umar Farooq joined Virtual University of Pakistan
57 minutes ago
Hania Khalid Shariff and Huma Ahmad are now friends
10 hours ago
Huma Ahmad liked Hania Khalid Shariff's profile
10 hours ago
BBA(6th smes) left a comment for Rimsha mujahid
11 hours ago
Rimsha mujahid replied to + Audit Officer's discussion Accounts first smester
12 hours ago
Hania Khalid Shariff liked ▌general♥'s discussion Passing Criteria for VU Students (Simple & Easy)
yesterday
Hania Khalid Shariff liked + M.Tariq Malik's page ZERO SEMESTER
yesterday

VIP Member Badge & Others

How to Get This Badge at Your Profile DP

------------------------------------

Management: Admins ::: Moderators

Other Awards Badges List Moderators Group

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service