CS401 Assignment No 03 Solution & Discussion Due Date:19-01-2017
Computer Architecture and Assembly Language Programming (CS401)
Assignment # 03
Total marks = 20
19th of Jan, 2017
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment.
RULES FOR MARKING
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after the due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
- Strict action will be taken if submitted solution is copied from any other student or from the internet.
You should consult the recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc or docx format.
Any other formats like scan images, PDF, zip, rar, ppt and bmp will not be accepted.
- Display Memory
- BIOS/DOS Interrupt
- Hardware Interrupt
- Parallel Port
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
If you people find any mistake or confusion in assignment (Question statement), please consult with your instructor before the deadline. After the deadline no queries will be entertained in this regard.
For any query, feel free to email at: email@example.com
Questions Statement 20 marks
You have to write an assembly language code that will:
- Read a character (ASCII code) from keyboard using a BIOS interrupt.
- You have to print that ASCII character in binary number system using DOS interrupt.
- Then you have to invert that ASCII code and have to transmit it to a parallel port using a DOS interrupt.
- If the you pressed ‘a’. Whose ASCII code is 61h (in hex).
- You have to print the equivalent of 61h which is (1100001)2 in binary.
- Then you have to invert the ASCII code so 11000012 will become 00111102.
- At the end you have to transmit 00111102 to a parallel port.