We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

Assignment No. 02(Graded)
SEMESTER Spring 2016
CS403- Database Management System

Total Marks: 20

Due Date:19/07/2016

Instructions:

Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit (zero marks) if:

• The assignment is submitted after due date.
  • The submitted assignment does NOT open or file is corrupt.
  • The assignment is copied (from other student or ditto copy from handouts or internet).
    • You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc / Docx format. Any other formats like scan images,                      PDF, Zip, rar, bmp etc will not be accepted.

Objectives:

The objectives of this assignment are,

• Giving the idea of most commonly used semantic data model for graphical representation of conceptual database design i.e. Entity Relationship Data model. 
  • Giving the idea of entities, attributes, cardinalities and relationship between the entities in the system.
  • Providing an understanding of types of relationships i.e. in how many ways an entity interact with other entity in real world.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs403@vu.edu.pk

GOOD LUCK

Marks: 20 

Cooking Channel Database System

Food is one of human beings’ favorite obsessions. Most people spend a great deal of time physically and mentally preoccupied with food: we organize and prepare meals, we daydream about what’s for lunch or dinner; we eat.

"We are What We Eat"

As food is a major part of every one’s life so cooking channels are getting so much popularity nowadays. Cooking Channels are television specialty channels that only on air programs about food and cooking.

A number of cooking shows have run for many seasons on channels. Many of the more popular cooking shows have had flamboyant hosts whose unique personalities have made them into celebrities. From recent past, famous chefs are hosting the shows. The organization keeps the records of these shows, name, producer, timing etc along with the detailed information about the hosts. Administrator has full rights on this data as he/she is responsible for maintaining the system.

The channels also store the cooking recipes categories wise. There are categories like Breakfast, Salad Entrees, Soups, Fish, Chicken, Meat, Vegetarian Entrees, Side Salad/Dressings, Side Vegetables, and Desserts. Chefs can enter/edit/delete the recipes. Viewers can view these recipes any time through website. Viewers can also enter their own recipes along with their own record. They can also comment on the recipes of chefs and other people and on shows of the channel. All the users have to register themselves to access the system.

Mr. X wants to open a new cooking channel and has approached you to create a system to store the whole data related to cooking shows and recipes.

Important Note Regarding Assignment No. 02:

This Assignment is the continuation of First Assignment. Take same case study already used in Assignment 01.Apply the techniques and methods given in lectures (7-10) regarding ER Diagram and by utilizing the solution of first assignment uploaded on VULMS in the form of DFD in order to finalize the task of second assignment listed below in task description.

Task Description:

This Assignment is related to Design phase and in this assignment you will focus only on the tasks given below:

Task:

You will have to make a final comprehensive ER Diagram of the system showing all entities and their attributes identified in Task 2 of Assignment 1.                                                   (20 Marks)

Drawing Final ER Data Model:

You can use MS Word or MS Visio for drawing the final ER Diagram.

Guidelines:

1. Use Standard UML notations for entities, attributes, relationships and cardinalities used in handouts.
  2. Use Proper naming conventions for entities, attributes and relations as given in handouts.
  3. Copy/Paste your class diagram in your final MS Word (.doc) file if you are using any drawing tool (MS Paint, MS Visio etc).                                                     

Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture #  7-10

Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted at or before July 19, 2016

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 6763

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

Replies to This Discussion

Great, just watch and follow my DBMS Video series if you really want to attempt this assignment

the first 3 lectures of my video series cover all concept which you need to solve the assignment :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHoU9mAfVI&list=PLeRII_xjctPLR...

Best of Luck

thats very nice, can u please sms me this link on my cell no 03155253868

Sir tusi great o, please post a job position of assistant for you who can do this favor for you.
means u can't even copy this link n mail to your email address :(
no words to say ......

thanks jazak Allah
thanks jazak Allah

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....

somebody give idea

Idea....
I m sure u dont watch lectures.
Neither u read comments on post.
If u hv no tim to watch cs403
Then just watch first 3 session of my recording n 7th session as well.just read first of my message in this post.
Not only u will get idea rather 4 future u will start giving ideas to students.

is assignment mae table to nhe na banana sirf ER diagram 

SK check it is it ok or not

Attachments:

i m sorry to say , its wrong

ap problem statment parhen ghour se, 

RSS

Latest Activity

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service