We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Database Management System (CS403) Assignment No: 4 Total Marks: 10 Due Date: Thursday 24th Jan 2013.

Database Management System (CS403)

Assignment No.4

Total Marks:    10

Deadline

Your assignment must be uploaded before or on Thursday 24th Jan 2013.

Rules for Marking

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

1. The assignment is submitted after due date.
  2. The assignment is copied.

Objectives

The objective of this assignment is:

Understating the working environment of SQL Server and populating your created tables. Giving the idea of data extraction i.e. how data is retrieved from different tables by using DML (Data Manipulation Language) commands.

Important things to consider before doing this assignment: 

1. Till now you have completed your conceptual design, logical design and then started physical design. Your physical design is incomplete yet. In this assignment you will work to complete your physical design of database.
  2. This assignment is the continuation of the third assignment. You have to consider the same case study of Best Mart System also provided below. You had created a database with your student ID in assignment 3. You will use the same database, and populate it. Your database name should be same as your student ID, as it was in the third assignment; otherwise you will lose your marks.
  3. You will use DML (Data manipulation Language) to populate tables and perform different tasks.

Task Description:

In this assignment you will focus only on the tasks given below:

1. Populate all of your tables which you have created in assignment 3 by using INSERT statement. You should insert at least 3 records in each table.
  2. Apply foreign key constraint on all those tables which have foreign key in the ERD of BEST Mart system by using ALTER table command.
  3. Sort the output of “SALE” table in ascending order based on CustomerID and InvoiceNumber.
  4. Count number of rows from “Purchase” table in which discount is greater than 10.
  5. You have to send screenshots of every step of your work in a MS Word (.doc) file.

Note: Use all concepts and techniques you have studied so far discussed particularly in lectures 28 to onwards.

ERD of BEST Mart System

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 2189

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

please discuss here about this assignment

how to create database in query analyzer

mobeen hasan did u miss the last assignment? we made database in that assignment

no i did not miss the last assigment Aqsa but i did download sql server 2000 and i did not given screen shot in the assigment 3

that means u missed it

so you have it downloaded now?

Syed Faizan ul Hassan

go to the website thepiratebay.se wahan se sql server 2008 r2 download kr k install kr lo

abi tk ap ne jo b install kia hai sql ka unko uninstall kro then pc restart us k baad again download n install kro

i download the sql server 2000 please tell me how we make a table in query analyzer

All students must share points and also your problems.... so it can discussed and solution can prepare.

Don’t wait for solutions just participate in Discussions because after discussions a correct solution will prepare...

i can not understand yet this point..

You should insert at least 3 records in each table

Let say we have the purchase table as:

Now, what we insert in this table???

+ Aqsa (Xa) ^_^  sis 

I ask a question as:

what we insert in this table???

not

How we insert in this table???

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service