Graded Discussion Board
Database MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CS403)
This is to inform that Graded Discussion Board (GDB) will be opened on 25th July, 2016 for discussion and last date of discussion will be 26th July, 2016.
Topic/Area for Discussion: “Data Types in SQL Server”
Let suppose you are working as a database controller in a renowned company which has a huge database system that change recurrently. A lot of transactions, searches and DML operations are being processed daily. It is obvious that these operations facilities are being provided by different types of query languages.
You are asked to create columns (table) of database with suitable data types meeting to the following situations.
v The organization wishes to speed up its retrieval process of data from database table(s), having no Unicode characters and also demands to save hard disk space.
v The organization wishes to speed up its retrieval process of data from database table(s), having Unicode characters and also needs not to save hard disk space.
v The column (Table) will hold a fixed-length Unicode characters like Japanese, Chinese, French, Arabic and so on characters.
v The data stored in a column is Unicode or multilingual and is of variable length.
Suggest the suitable Data Types, NCHAR, NVARCHAR, CHAR and VARCHAR, for the above mentioned situations with reasoning; so that the retrieval of information from the column (tables) would be fast enough.
Note: In the above scenario you only read from columns (table) and not write to columns (table).
For every situation explain your answer with suitable arguments.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
· Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
· The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
· Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
· Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
· You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
· Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
· You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
· Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
· For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Best of Luck!
Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....
guyz anyone? any hints how to do it,
Solution nai toh idea he day do kya likhna hai -_-