We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

GDB Starting Date Thursday, February 18, 2016 Closing Date Friday, February 19, 2016 Status Open Question Title Indexing, Hashing

Problem Statement:

Suppose you are working as a database administrator in a company which has a huge database that changes frequently. A lot of transactions, searches and DML operations are being processed daily. A database file can be organized in different ways to support multiple operations. Each file organization technique has benefits on other due to some characteristics.

The main concern at the company is scanning and insertion operations. Every user in the company searches the records according to his/her own needs. Some of them need the records based on range while other searches on some particular field. You can store database using B+ tree or hash indexed file.

Keeping in view the above scenario, which type of indexing would you choose? Support your choice with logical arguments.

Discuss with each other best solution will come.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 4700

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Hi help the Solved GDB 

Problem Statement:

Suppose you are working as a database administrator in a company which has a huge database that changes frequently. A lot of transactions, searches and DML operations are being processed daily. A database file can be organized in different ways to support multiple operations. Each file organization technique has benefits on other due to some characteristics.

The main concern at the company is scanning and insertion operations. Every user in the company searches the records according to his/her own needs. Some of them need the records based on range while other searches on some particular field. You can store database using B+ tree or hash indexed file.

Keeping in view the above scenario, which type of indexing would you choose? Support your choice with logical arguments.

Tree­ structured indexes are good for searches, especially range selections.

Using this particular field as the search key, choosing a hash indexed file would be the best.

I think "Clustered Index" type use ho gi...bcz is type me hm both hash n B+ tree use kr skte hn for storing data.

Many of the these concepts are orthogonal. A clustered index means that the rows are arranged in the table in the same order as they appear in the index. Independently, that index can be implemented using a B-tree, a B+ tree, a hash, spatially, etc. And then it may partition the table or not. One aspect may constrain but does not necessarily imply another.

i think we use B+ tree coz indexed file fast hai but kuch pay uska work nahi hai so my opinion is B+ Tree

net pay serch maro apni book ko zara ghoor say parhoo meri traf say B+ tree final hai ankh band ker kay

On my point of view, we are used B+ tree
Because B+ trees don't have data associated with interior nodes, more keys can fit on a page of memory. Therefore, it will require fewer cache misses in order to access data that is on a leaf node.
The leaf nodes of B+ trees are linked, so doing a full scan of all objects in a tree requires just one linear pass through all the leaf nodes. A B tree, on the other hand, would require a traversal of every level in the tree. This full-tree traversal will likely involve more cache misses than the linear traversal of B+ leaves.

HASH is an unordered key-value map. It's even more efficient than BTREE: O(1) instead of O(log n); but it doesn't have any concept of order. That means that is can't be used to avoid sort operations, or to fetch ranges.

i think B+ tree answer ha

Equality search is quicker in hash , range search is quicker in B-tree.

b+ tree is a balance tree structure, any insert/ delete/ update does not affect the performance.

RSS

Latest Activity

ϝ ι ყ α posted a discussion
19 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
27 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Winters
30 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Waqas Kh@n
31 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Dot Net Developer
33 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
34 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for AsadJaved
34 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
35 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for CS619
35 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zahid Iqbal
37 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zain
37 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zareen
38 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Malik AB
40 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Agar Mujh Sy Mohabbat Hy .........
43 minutes ago
+++LEARNER+++ replied to +++LEARNER+++'s discussion How to Speak Correct English
53 minutes ago
+++LEARNER+++ posted discussions
57 minutes ago
ayesha joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
1 hour ago
ayesha joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ liked + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Bachy howey paisy
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ liked + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Winters
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service