CS407 Routing and Switching Assignment No 01 Spring 2020 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 29-05-2020
Assignment No. 01
Semester: Spring 2020
CS407: Routing and Switching Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 29 May 2020
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:
You need to use MS word document to prepare and submit the assignment on VU-LMS.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after due date.
The assignment is not in the required format (doc or docx).
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc).
To enhance the learning capabilities of students about:
Basics of networks
Types of networks
IOS modes of operations
Verifying network connectivity
CLI access methods
Consider the computer network of a software house “TECH-REPUBLIC” having two branches as branch 1 and 2. These branches are situated in two different cities and are connected with each other as per following details:
• Branch-1 has twenty computers and two servers which are connected with each other using a Switch.
• Branch-2 has ten computers and one server which are connected with each other using a Switch.
• Switches of both the branches are further connected with one Router in their premises to connect both the branches with each other for internet communication.
The CEO of the software house from Branch-1 wants to address his staff located in Branch-2 through video conferencing in upcoming week. However, due to malfunctioning of Switch in Branch-2, the concerned network administrator (Admin) of that branch has to install a new switch prior to conference day/date. Furthermore, the router of Branch-2 is also required to be accessed by the Admin of Branch-1 to perform some important configurations remotely to make the communication smooth.
In view of the above scenario, you are required to give answers of the following questions:
- What is the type of computer network in Branch-1 with respect to geographical area?
- What is the type of computer network in Branch-2 with respect to geographical area?
- What is the type of overall computer network of software house with respect to geographical area?
- How many intermediary devices exist in the Branch-2 premises?
- How many end devices exist in overall network of the software house?
- Which specific layer of OSI model will make the Routers of two branches to communicate with each other?
- What access mode of command line interface (CLI) of a switch will be more suitable for the Admin of Branch-2 to configure the initial settings of the Switch?
- What operational mode, the Admin will have to use to enter management commands on the Switch?
- Which command will be used by the Admin to verify the connectivity of a computer with the Switch?
- What access mode of command line interface will be more suitable to perform remote configurations on the router in secure manners?