We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS408 ALL Current Final Term Papers Fall 2015 & Past Final Term Papers at One Place Feb-March-2016

Share Your Paper  I Have Shared all Previous Current SOLVED Papers By Me Hope It will be helpful for all of you  
CS408_ALL_CURRENT_SOLVED_SUBJECTIVE_WITH_REFERENCE_BY_RIJJA%20BUTT.PDF

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 5667

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

My Today’s Paper: Some of question which I could remember are:
1. From sovereign
2. Direct observation is not possible, why?
3. Drawbacks of low-fidelity prototype
4. Being a typist, importance of single undo and multiple undo
5. From evaluation
6. You are a software engineer and design different applications that
are usable for users without modifications. How do you define accessibility
7. Use of navigation

Ali is well known web designer. He believes that website design should be both usable and pleasing,

delivers information and builds brand is technically sound and visually coherent. He provides good

navigation and does good use of tabs. Write down at least four reasons why does he use Tab for

good navigation?5 (pg 294)

Answer:-

Four reasons to use tabs:

It hasn't been proven (yet), but It is strongly suspected that Leonardo da Vinci invented tab dividers

sometime in the late I5th century. As interface devices go, they're clearly a product of genius. Now,

many sites have started using tabs for navigation. They're an excellent navigation choice for large sites.

Here's why:

• They're self-evident. I've never seen anyone—no matter how "computer illiterate"—look at a tabbed

interface and say, "Hmmm. I wonder what those do?"

They're hard to miss. When I do point-and-click user tests, I'm surprised at how often people can

overlook button bars at the top of a Web page. But because tabs are so visually distinctive, they're hard to

overlook. And because they're hard to mistake for anything but navigation, they create the kind of

obvious-at-a-glance division you want between navigation and content.

• They're slick. Web designers are always struggling to make pages more visually interesting without

making them slow to load. If done correctly (see below), tabs can add polish and serve a useful purpose,

all without bulking up the page size.

They suggest a physical space. Tabs create the illusion that the active tab physically moves to the front.

7:what is global navigation and its components?

Answer: (Pg 487)

Answer: Web designers use the term penitent navigation (or global navigation) to describe the set of navigation

elements that appear on every page of a site, Persistent navigation should include the five elements you

most need to have on hand at all times.

1. The Home page.

2. Forms.

3. Site ID

4. The Sections

5. The Utilities

Q.No.42 List down any four principles that can help make your visual

interface as easy and pleasurable to use as possible. (Page#345)

1) Avoid visual noise and clutter

3) Provide visual structure and flow at each level of organization

4) Use cohesive, consistent, and contextually appropriate imagery

5) Integrate style and function comprehensively and purposefully

There is a very close relationship between contextual needs and requirements. Elaborate this

relationship in easy words.3

Answer: ( pg 204) Contextual needs and requirements Contextual needs describe relationships between

sets of objects or sets of controls, as well as possible relationship between objects and controls. This can

include which types of objects to display together to make sense for workflow or to meet specific persona

goals, as well as how certain objects must interact with other objects and the skills and capabilities of the

personas using the product.

What are Suppose you are creating an account on yahoo, fill all the required information but forget

to retype password. As you click on submit button a warning is message appears “This information

is required” on retype password field. Yahoo suggests that your registration will not be submitted

until you retype password. Explain this specific characteristic of considerate software in five

points.3

Answer: It ensures there are no mistakes while typing the password because retyping matches and

makes sure you do not make a mistake. You can type an error password once but not twice. This is a

security check and it‟s good for user.

What is the first step of a trunk test?
Answer:- Choose a page anywhere in the site at random, and print it.

what is first goal of an artist?2
artists have studied and designed numerous variations of this concept.

Q.No.61 What are Ancillary Application Windows? (Page#396)

Ancillary application windows are windows that are not really part of the application's functionality, but are provided as a matter of convention

Q: Why some time direct observation is not possible

Answer:- Sometimes direct observation is not possible because it is obtrusive or evaluators cannot be

present over the duration of the study, and so users' activities are tracked indirectly.

3. Drawbacks of low-fidelity prototype?

Limited error checking., Poor detailed specification to code to, Navigational and flow

Limitations.

Q.No.25 You are a software engineer and design different applications that are usable for users

without modifications. How do you define accessibility with respect to emerging paradigm?

(Page#408) 5marks

Accessibility is a general term used to describe the degree to which a system is usable by as many people

as possible without modification. It is not to be confused with usability which is used to describe how

easily a thing can be used by any type of user. One meaning of accessibility specifically focuses on

people with disabilities and their use of assistive devices such as screen-reading web browsers or

wheelchairs.

Q: you visit different websites of all types of products explain

"NO sense of scale " AND

"NO sense of location"   

in context of problems by using web experience.

No sense of scale.

Even after we've used a Web site extensively, unless it's a very small site we tend to have

very little sense of how big it is (50 pages? 1,000? 17,000?). For all we know, there could

be huge corners we've never explored. Compare this to a magazine, a museum, or a

department store, where you always have at least a rough sense of the seen/unseen ratio.

The practical result is that it's very hard to know whether you've seen everything of

interest in a site, which means it's hard to know when to stop looking.

No sense of location.

In physical spaces, as we move around we accumulate knowledge about the space. We

develop a sense of where things are and can take shortcuts to get to them.

We may get to the chainsaws the first time by following the signs, but the next time we're

just as likely to think,

Q.No.29 You are assigned to perform trunk test on website "amazon.com". Write down all the

necessary steps to perform the trunk test. (Page#296) 3marks

Imagine that you've been blindfolded and locked in the trunk of a car, then driven around for a while and

dumped on a page somewhere deep in the bowels of a Web site. If the page is well designed, when your

vision clears you should be able to answer these questions without hesitation:

1. What site is this? (Site ID) amazon.com

2. What page am I on? (Page name)

3. What are the major sections of this site? (Sections)

4. What are my options at this level? (Local navigation)

5. Where am I in the scheme of things? ("You are here" indicators)

6. How can I search?

Q.No.47 Does it is necessary for evaluation team to have the expertise needed

to do the evaluation? Justify your answer with example. (Page#402)

Does the evaluation team have the expertise needed to do the evaluation?

Example, if no one has used models to evaluate systems before, then basing an evaluation on this approach is not sensible. It is no use planning to use experts to review an interface if none are available. Similarly, running usability tests requires expertise. Analyzing video can take many hours, so someone with appropriate expertise and equipment must be available to do it. If statistics are to be used, then a statistician should be consulted before starting the evaluation and then again later for analysis, if appropriate.

Q.No.58 Define excise? (Page#245)

When we decide to drive to the office, we must open the garage door, get in, start the motor, back out, and close the garage door before we even begin the forward motion that will take us to our destination. All these actions are in support of the automobile rather than in support of getting to the destination.

What does PARC stands for? (2)

PARCPalo Alto Research Center

During interface design what are the important points that you take care keenly with respect to

Alignment of the Visual elements. 5

Answer: (P-348)

Alignment of visual elements is one of the key ways that designers can help users experienced product in

an organized, systematic way. Grouped elements should be aligned both horizontally and vertically.

In particular, designers should take care to.

Align labels. Labels for controls stacked vertically should be aligned with each other; leftjustification is

easier for users to scan than right justification, although the latter may look visually cleaner — if the input

forms are the same size. (Otherwise, you get a Christmas tree, ragged-edge effect on the left and right.)

Align within a set of controls. A related group of check boxes, radio buttons, or text , fields should be

aligned according to a regular grid.

• Align across controls. Aligned controls (as described previously) that are grouped together with other

aligned controls should all follow the same grid.

Follow a regular grid structure for larger-scale element groups, panes, and screens, as well as for

smaller grouping of controls.

Q)What is the basic concept behing the Ubiquitous computing? OR

QNo.3 what is Ubiquitous Computing? (2 Marks)

Answer:- REF:: Handouts Page No. 140

The most profound technologies are those that disappear. They weave themselves into the fabric of

everyday life until they are indistinguishable from it. These words have inspired a new generation of

researchers in the area of ubiquitous computing

Suppose u are a product designer. is it important to notice Realistic requirements and technology of business to develop product?
answer:-

It’s important to get a firm idea of the realistic requirements of the business and

technology you are designing.

• • Business requirements can include development timelines, regulations, pricing

structures, and business models.

• • Technical requirements an include weight, size, form-factor, display, power

constraints, and software platform choices.

1) Blind and explanatory undo? Page (312)

Blind and explanatory undo:

Normally, undo is invoked by a menu item or toolbar control with an unchanging label or icon. The user

knows that triggering the idiom undoes the last operation, but there is no indication of what that operation

is. This is called a blind undo. On the other hand, if theidiom includes a textual or visual description of

the particular operation that will be undone it is an explanatory undo. If, for example, the user's last

operation was to type in the word design, the undo function on the menu says Undo Typing design.

Explanatory undo is, generally, a much more pleasant feature than blind undo. It is fairly easy to put on a

menu item, but more difficult to put on a toolbar control, although putting the explanation in a ToolTip is

a good compromise.

4:what are controllable vocabularies?

Answer: (Pg 407)

Vocabulary control comes in many shapes and sizes. At its most vague, a controlled vocabulary is any

defined subset of natural language. At its simplest, a controlled vocabulary is a list of quivalent terms in

the form of a synonym ring, or a list of preferred terms in the form of an authority file.

In evaluation process, tells about schedule and budget constraints. 5

Schedule and budget constraints: Time and budget constraints are important considerations to keep in

mind. It might seem ideal to have 20 users test your interface, but if you need to pay them, then it could

get costly. Planning evaluations that can be completed on schedule is also important, particularly in

commercial settings. There is never enough time to do evaluations as you would ideally like, so you have

to compromise and plan to do a good job with the resources and time available.

Q) What are the steps in defining the requirement‟s with respect to persona-based design?

Defining the requirements: The Requirement Definition phase determines the what of the design: what

functions our personas need to use and what kind of information they must access to accomplish their

goals. The following five steps comprise this process:

1. Creating problem and vision statement

2. Brainstorming

3. Identifying persona expectations

4. Constructing the context scenario

5. Identifying needs

the steps in de Suppose you are a web designer in company “xyz.” Your company build a website

which has poor usability due to its poor navigation. What most effective action will you take to

improve navigation? Give any three effective actions.3

OR

QNo.39Write any two common ways to Improve Navigation? [2]

Answer:- REF:: Handouts Page No. 408

1. One integrated within a web site or intranet to improve navigation and retrieval, shares a common

heritage with the familiar reference text but has a different form and function.

2. Thesaurus is a semantic network of concepts, connecting words to their synonyms, homonyms,

antonyms, broader and narrower terms, and related terms.

My today's paper of =>  cs408 <= 

all mcqs were mixed and may be new or old ...... cuz i didn't read anyone file.............

questions were 

1: persona based- context scenario?

2: about usability testing 

aur short me yad nie .. :/ 

3 no waly sary conceptual thy .........but topics were  usability testing and user experience 

long all was about navigation 

how can we improve navigation from bad to improved ?

why we use the tabs in the web ?

what are the restrictions( drawbacks ) of wearable devices ?

Trunk test full :P 

what is the importance of the redo and undo .........

aur b hon gy lkn yad nie :/ sorry yad nie rhy 

+ Musa thanks for sharing 

paper overall easy tha 

MCQs sb handouts me sy thy past papers me sy koi ni aya mujy ys sb files read ki then me ny MCQs zyada ter usability, interviews or persona based designs sy related thy 

Q:xyz Ltd is an IT based company and you are web designer over there. you are assigned to design an interactive website. To accomplish this task you will have to follow conceptual frame work. Briefly explain the plans which define the starteg function of website in conceptual

frame work??           (5 Marks).

Q: you visit different websites of all types of products explain

"NO sense of scale " AND

"NO sense of location"   

in context of problems by using web experience.     (5 Marks).

Q: A software house xyz Ltd develops a new browser. developers of this browsers want to know if users find items faster with their product.

why xyz Ltd investing in user testing. Give at least three reasons.   (3 Marks).

baki ni yad sorry 

best of luck all of you .... 

CS-408 Today's paper 

overall mcqs were from past papers zain's file only 2,3 mcqs were new

Define sovereign posture ?

Difference between structure interview and semi-structured interview ? marks 2

Marks 3 questions were scenario based but they were easy

Mark5=Imagine that you've been blindfolded and locked in the trunk of a car, then driven around for a while and dumped on a page somewhere deep in the bowels of a Web site. then tell about the following  

1.What site is this? 

2. What page am I on?

3. What are the major sections of this site?

4. What are my options at this level?

5. Where am I in the scheme of things?

Answer:What site is this? (Site ID) amazon.com  

2. What page am I on? (Page name)

3. What are the major sections of this site? (Sections)

4. What are my options at this level? (Local navigation)

5. Where am I in the scheme of things? ("You are here" indicators) 

Marks 5= Does it is necessary for evaluation team to have the expertise needed to do the evaluation? Justify your answer with example. 

marks5= excise can be defined ? give the reasons if the answer is yes or no 

Best of luck Guys :)

Attach zain file plzzz

here it is

Attachments:

plagiarism detector project thanks for sharing 

Attention Students: You don’t need to go any other site for current papers pattern & questions. Because all sharing data related to current Final term papers of our members are going from here to other sites. You can judge this at other sites yourself. So don’t waste your precious time with different links. Just keep visiting http://vustudents.ning.com/ for all latest updates.

My today cs408 paper.
60% mcqs were from Zain Nasir file. ( Ning pe 2 files he mcqs ki, zain nasir wali krna)
4 question of 2 number
4 question of 3 number and 4 of 5 number
Jin question pe star lagy hai wo b past papers mai se he/
1. **Two examples of soveriegn posture (2)
2.** What is undo facility? (2
3. What does PARC stands for? (2)
4. **In any web site how you come to know "you are here" with repect to web navigation? (2)
5**.Yo see a cluster of related neds or example, to make an appointment you need to see a calender and possibly contact. Briefly explain the steps of defining interaction framework that incorporates all these together. (3)
6.** Why schedule & budget constraints are important? Give 2 reason. (3)
7.**Suppose you are creating yahoo account. you forget to retype pasword. Is trh ka question tha yad ni aa rha, past subjective file me hai ye question. (3)
8.** How prototype is very helpful for software designer in interacting with the users. (5)
9.**Suppose you are practitioner of visual art and visual design. Justify how visual art is different from visual art? (5)
10. **Hassan in an interface designer and design an interface of telephone answering machine. He wants to check usability of these answering machine, Write characteristics of usability testing in your point of view. (5)
11. When observation is useful and how to observe? (5)

My cs408 paper

1) List down any four principles that can help make your visual interface as easy and pleasurable to use as possible. (3)
2) Suppose u are a product designer. is it important to notic Realistic requirements and technology of business to develop product? (5)
3) Point out the problem with Excise task? (2)
4) You are assigned to perform trunk test on website "amazon.com". Write down three necessary steps to perform the trunk test. (3)
5) During interface design of icons, what guidline u will provide for incons functionality? (3)
6) Explain the planes of conceptual framework for development interactive product(2)
7) Consider a scenario in which u are assigned to conduct a interview. Difference between Semi-structure interview and focus group interview
8) What is the basic concept behing the Ubiquitous computing? (5)
9) You visit different websites of all types of producrs explain the No sense of scale and No sense of location in context of problems by using web experience. (5)

2 scnario masa aye the yad nhn....

RSS

Latest Activity

+ "Jɨyą replied to + "Jɨyą's discussion me esi hon...!
23 minutes ago
+ "Jɨyą replied to + "Jɨyą's discussion me esi hon...!
23 minutes ago
Sajid replied to + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
1 hour ago
Sajid replied to + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
1 hour ago
Sajid liked + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + "AS"'s discussion Jo Ghair Thy..
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman liked + "AS"'s discussion Jo Ghair Thy..
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + "AS"'s discussion Zabt Sabhi ...
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman liked + "AS"'s discussion Zabt Sabhi ...
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Mohabbat ab Khamosh ho gai
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Mohabbat ab Khamosh ho gai
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman liked + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Winters
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Bachy howey paisy
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman posted a status
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion پچھتاوے تو تمہارے لئے ہیں
1 hour ago
moniba hussain liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion جانی...!! اپنی تصویر بھیجو۔۔۔امی کو دکھانی ہے >_<
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion جانی...!! اپنی تصویر بھیجو۔۔۔امی کو دکھانی ہے >_<
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! Ⲙehar Roman replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service