You are required to create a WPF ,C# application which will count the number of special
characters from a given text file and generate a text report.
The interface will have
• Three buttons
• One Text Box
• Two Progress bars
1. Select File button will open file dialog and let you chose your text file, after clicking
open the file will be read from that location and following Special Characters occurrences
in the file will be calculated.
|1. Number of ,( commas)||6. Number of !|
|2. Number of .( full stop)||7. Number of - (Dash)|
|3. Number of @||8. Number of ?|
|4. Number of (||9. Number of % (Percent sign)|
|5. Number of )||10.Number of ; (Semicolon)|
After calculation the results will be shown in the Text Box and read progress bar will be
completed and Select button will be disabled and Save and reset button will be activated.
2. Save Button will save the report generated in the first step into a text file named as (VU
ID-report).txt).Check the template of report file in the Gif file attached.
3. Reset Button will reset the TextBox and progress bars also Select file button will be
activated and save button will be disabled.
Selecting Text file from the provided text files
There are a total of 17 text files attached in this assignment file you need to choose a text file according to your VU ID.
So for example your VU ID MC170202317 then your file name will be file170.txt.
Please note that if you submit your assignment with wrong text file selected i.e. not according to your VU ID you will lose 50% marks.
Output.gif has been attached with this Assignment file please observe this file carefully, your
program’s output must be like this output file.
Following Files Must be submitted in a single zip or rar file.
• .C# code file(s)
• .XAML File(s) (Front End file)
• .txt report file (named as your (VU ID-report).txt)
• A .gif file which shows working of your Application(For Recording .gif a software named Screentogif is uploaded on LMS, or you can also use any other gif recording tool as well)
You are not required to submit the complete project, only copy these three files from project folder. Please note if you submit doc file you will be awarded 0 marks.
If you do not submit any of the above mentioned file 5 marks per file will be deducted.
Please share someone for their idea about this assignment.