Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

CS411 GDB Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Last Date: 11-02-2021

Views: 846

Replies to This Discussion

Share the GDB Question & Discuss Here....         

Stay touched with this discussion, Solution idea will be uploaded as soon as possible in replies here before the due date.

CS411 (Visual Programming) GDB No.1 Idea Solution Fall 2020-2021

CS411 GDB Fall 2021 Solution

CS411 GDB 1 Solution Fall 2020 - 2021 ||Visual Programming||

kasi or ny nai banye  cs411 ke gdb ???

CS411 GDB Question

Total Marks 5
Starting Date Monday, February 08, 2021
Closing Date Tuesday, February 09, 2021
Status Open
Question Title Graded Discussion Board
Question Description

GDB STATEMENT

Suppose you need to develop an interactive social networking application in which users can share their adventures and experiences. This App should be user friendly, secure, have a modern UI with an optimized usage and performance, and solely developed for Windows 10.

According to the specifications mentioned above, which technology would you consider best for this specific scenario: Windows Form, WPF or UWP? Justify your selection with logical reasoning that contains pros and cons of all these technologies.

Important Instructions: 

1. Please note that no extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.

2. Use the font style “Times New Roman” with font size “12”.

3. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical comments will be marked zero.

4. Your comments should not exceed 200 words.

CS411 GDB 1 Solution Fall 2020:

Solution:

Solution UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is a best option.

Windows Form

Windows Forms is a nice wrapper, and easy to use in that it uses essentially X Y layout. so you can think of your form as a grid of pixels with the position of your controls determined at design time by its size and coordinates. This is great if you are designing and running on the same PC, but not good when you deploy to other PCs with different display settings. but successful scaling in a Windows Forms application is often difficult to achieve, so users may suffer chopped-off controls and text, or just ugly screens WPF is excellent too, and while it's still a supported and developed technology at Microsoft, it's probably fair to say that it's not going to see the level of investment in the future that UWP will.

UWP (Universal Windows Platform)

If I was going to write an Instagram competitor, easy, I'd pick UWP. If I was going to write a PhotoShop competitor then I think it would need to be WPF. If I'm OK targeting only Windows 10, then UWP is a very compelling option. If you want to be in the Microsoft Store, UWP is the best option. If the Store is important to you, use UWP.

CS411 GDB SOLUTION

VWP (UNIVERSAL WINDOWS PERFORM) is a best option.

WINDOWS FORM:

Windows forms is a nice wrapper, and easy to use in that it use essentially X Y layout. So you can think of your form as a grid of pixels with the position of your controls determined at design time by its size and coordinates. This is great if you are designing and great if you are designing and running on the same pc, but not good when you deploy to other good when you deploy to other pcs with different display settings but successful scaling in a windows forms application is often difficult to achieve so users may suffer chopped –off controls and text, or just ugly screens.

WPF (WINDOWS PLATFORM FOUNDATION):

WPF is excellent too, and while it’s still a supported and developed technology at Microsoft, it’s probably fair to say that it’s not going to see the level of investment in the future that UWP will.

UWP (UNIVERSAL WINDOW PLATFORM):

If I was going to write an integral competitor, easy, I’d pick UWP, if I was going to write a Photoshop competitor then I think it would need to be WPF

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service