We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS501 All current final term paper Fall 2015 at one place from 5th March to 16th March 2015.

You Can Download Solved Mid Term Papers, Short Notes, Lecture Wise Questions Answers Files, Solved MCQs, Solved Quizzes , Solved Mid Term Subjective Papers , Solved Mid Term Objective Papers From This Discussion For Preparation Mid Term Papers of Fall 2014

For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.

For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.

Or visit this link 

Click Here For Detail.

You Can download papers by a simple click on file. All the uploaded filed are in Zip file or PDF format So Install Adobe Reader and Winrar Software’s to open these Files

Note: If you download files with Internet Download Manager (IDM), you would face problem of damage files. All files are correct and no damage file, If you face this problem, Open IDM > Click on Options > Click on File Types > Remove PDF and ZIP from files types and save. After it download again files, files will work properly.OR Press alt+click the file ...

Thanks and Regards,

VU Students.ning Social Network.

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 4128

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for sharing

thanks all of you mera paper bht ezy tha sara inhi papers me se tha 

welcom

short ques ko koi solve kar k dy skta h abhi ???
kindly ..

My today paper 07-03-15

1-      Which techniques refer to the situation when all I/O operations are performed under the direct control of a program running on the CPU?

2-      What are the sectors on the hard disk?

3-      Differentiate between connection oriented communication and connection less communication on the basis of bandwidth.

4-      Write one advantage and one disadvantage direct mapped cache.

5-      How does the Daisy-Chain priority interrupts method works?

6-      Indentify and explain the working of the given DMA configuration.

7-      Find out the sign, significand and exponent from the following floating point number.

-06 x 10^-3

8-      Explain the difference between “circuit switching” and “Packet switching”.

9-      Suppose IO system with a single disk gets (on average) 200 IO requests/second and the average time for a disk to service an IO request is 4ms. What is the utilization of the IO system?

10-   Briefly explain the two types of hardware interrupts.

11-   Write the steps involved in bit-pair recording algorithm for integer division.

12-   Name three control signals which are used for interfacing between memory and CPU. Also explain any two signal.

Today Paper @ 2 PM..

Obj::

25 MCQs from past ... 15 Conceptual

Sub::

1). Similarities and difference between RAID level 5 and RAID level 4?(2)

2). What is the interrupt through which same devices can connect using single input interrupt to the processor?(2)

3). Write one advantage and one disadvantage direct mapped cache? (2)

4). Explain Protocol and Host w.r.t computer networks?(3)

5).  Explain "Daisy Chain Priority Interrupt"?(3)

6). Convert (.4cd)16 into (decimal)10 using Radix method?(3)

7). Describe the technique behind DMA and programmed I/O?(2)

8). Briefly describe the steps in floating point division?(5)

9). What is the difference between internal segmentation and external segmentation relevant to the computer storage?(3)

10). Suppose the I/O system with a single disk get an average of 200 I/O request/second assume that the average time for a disk to service and I/O request is 4ms. What is the utilization of I/O system? (5)

11). What do you know about interrupts. What is the significance of it in computer processing? (5)

12). How much time will it take to read 64KB (128 sectors) of data from a disk?

Given:- Capacity = 180 GB, Platters = 12, Surfaces = 24, Speed = 7200 RPM,

latency = 6ms, bus delay = 0.3 ms? (5)

Salam to all,
My first day paper is as under
* what did you understand by parallal communication of data.
* how does Raid Level 2 differ from Raid level 3 in term of required no. of disks.
* differciatiate between inter defregment and external defregment on the basis of computer storage.
* What does the term EPROM stand for? (All 2 Marks)
____
* What is different techenlogies using a CPU ca exchanged data with peripheral devices.
* Define the following two ..... of DMA
** Slave Component
** Master Component
* Briefly explain the direct maping techenogies used in cache memory management
* Explain the diffrence bewteen "Circuit Switching" and "Packet Switching" (all 3 marks)
_______
* An I/O device tranfer data rate of 10MB over an 100 MB/s bus speed ....... find the fraction of CPU time handling the data tranfred with DMA
* How DMA techenique is more efficient for I/O transfer then Intrept driven I/O.
* Consider a 4 way accsseri cache with 256 kb and 32 byte
a) How many sets are there in each cache
b) How many bits of address are required to data set in each cache.
* 128MB direct maped "same like above" (all 5 marks)

today was my cs501's paper.
most mcqs were from past.
questions were about bus, hard disk, fragmentation, falcon A, and interrupt. and 2 numericals.

thanks for sharing

My paper 27-0216 2:00PM

Only 50% mcqs were from Moaaz file

Q41: Describe 1 Example of hardware interrupt and software interrupt? 2 Marks

Q42: Difference between PROM and EPROM? 2 Marks

Q43: Write two examples of connection oriented communication? 2 Marks

Q45: What will be if micro processor is interrupted? 3 Marks

Q46: How DMA mode is preffered upon programmed input output (PIO)? 3 Marks

Q47: if we have 30mb data in a tape then calculate total available data in 50 Tapes? 3 Marks

Q48: What is the mean of .equ and .db in FASLIM? 3 Marks

Q49: What are the terms TAG MEMORY and CACHE ? 5 Marks

Q50: An IO system with single disk gets 100 IO requests/sec. Assume the average time for a disk to service an IO request is 6ms. What is utilization of the IO system? 5 Marks

Q51: Write the radix conversion algorithm to convert 392 base 10  to the base 16? 5 Marks

RSS

Latest Activity

Mifa Fadel liked +M.Tariq Malik's discussion SOC101 Introduction to Sociology Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion
1 hour ago
shifa arshad added a discussion to the group CS605 Software Engineering-II
4 hours ago
shifa arshad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
4 hours ago
Profile Iconиαвєєℓ αнмє∂ and Ali Fahad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
5 hours ago
shifa arshad replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT502 Organizational Behavior GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT502 Organizational Behavior
6 hours ago
shifa arshad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
6 hours ago
+ !! SARAH replied to Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
7 hours ago
+ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ updated their profile
7 hours ago
Rizwan Mushtaq joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** My Drawing ***
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** الوداع اردو ***
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Miss. Churhail's discussion LOVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Omar's discussion Dua
8 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** الوداع اردو ***
9 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT201 Financial Management
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT201 Financial Management
9 hours ago
Profile IconSaba Shahzadi, waqar, Hammad Syed and 12 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion ENG001 Elementary English GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Last Date: 04-12-2020 in the group ENG001 Elementary English
9 hours ago

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service