We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS501 Quiz No 2 From Jan 28, 2016

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 1853

Replies to This Discussion

100% correct and 100% same quiz no 2

Tri-state buffers are used for removing ___________. Select correct option
Instruction collision
bus collision
Instruction contention
bus contention ok

Where does the processor store the address of the first instruction of the ISR? Select correct option
Interrupt vector
Interrupt request
Interrupt handler
All of the given options ( not conform )

Identify the type of serial communication error condition in which A 0 is received instead of a stop bit (which is always a 1)? Select correct option
Framing error ok
Parity error
Overrun error
Under-run error

In ________, a separate address space of the CPU is reserved for I/O operations. Select correct option
Isolated I/O ok
Memory Mapped I/O
All of above
None of above

----------the device usually means reading its status register every so often until the device's status changes to indicate that it has completed the request. Select correct option
Interrupting
Masking
Polling ok
Executing

In which one of the following methods for resolving the priority, the device with the highest priority is placed in the first position, followed by lower-priority devices up to the device with the lowest priority, which is placed last in the series? Select correct option
Asynchronous
Daisy-Chaining Priority
Parallel ok
Semi-synchronous

A software routine performed when an interrupt is received by the computer is called as --------- Select correct option
Interrupt
Interrupt handler ok
Exception
Trap

Which one of the following is NOT a technique used when the CPU wants to exchange data with a peripheral device? Select correct option
Direct Memory Access (DMA)
Interrupt driven I/O
Programmed I/O
Virtual Memory ok

A computer interface is an ___________ circuit that matches the requirements of the two subsystems between which it is connected Select correct option
Digital
Electronic ok
Primary
Obituary

The information about interrupt vector is given in 8-bits, from bit 0 to 7, which is translated to bit ___________ on the data bus. Select correct option
16 to 23 ok
11 to 18
0 to 7
8 to 15

1. A collection of -----------is called a micro program.
A. large scale operations
B. Registers
C. DMA
D. Microinstructions ok

2. ____is the time needed by the CPU to recognize (not service) an interrupt request
A. Interrupt Latency ok
B. Response Deadline
C. Timer delay
D. Throughput

3. ________ controls the sequence of the flow of microinstructions.
A. Multiplexer
B. Micro program controller ok
C. DMA Controller
D. Virtual Memory

4. Which one of the following is NOT a technique used when the CPU wants to exchange data with a peripheral device?
A. Direct Memory Access (DMA)
B. Interrupt driven I/O
C. Programmed I/O
D. Virtual Memory ok

5. Identify the following type of serial communication error condition: “The prior character that was received was not still read by the CPU and is over written by a new received character.”
A. Framing error
B. Parity error
C. Overrun error ok
D. Under-run error
Overrun error.

6. In which one of the following methods, does the CPU poll to identify the interrupting module and branches to an interrupt service routine on detecting an interrupt?
A. Daisy Chain
B. Software Poll ok
C. Multiple interrupt lines
D. All of the given options
Software Poll.

7. An interface that can be used to connect the microcomputer bus to ________is called an I/O Port.
A. Flip Flops
B. Memory
C. Peripheral devices ok
D. Multiplexers
Peripheral devices.

8. In ________, a separate address space of the CPU is reserved for I/O operations.
A. Isolated I/O ok
B. Memory Mapped I/O
C. All of above
D. None of above
Isolated I/O.

9. In which one of the following methods for resolving the priority, the device with the highest priority is placed in the first position, followed by lower-priority devices up to the device with the lowest priority, which is placed last in the series?
A. Asynchronous
B. Daisy-Chaining Priority
C. Parallel ok
D. Semi-synchronous
Parallel.

10. _________ is a technique in which some of the CPU’s address lines forming an input to the address decoder are ignored.
A. Microprogramming
B. Instruction pre-fetching
C. Pipelining
D. Partial decoding ok
Partial decoding.

11. An interface that can be used to connect the microcomputer bus to ________is called an I/O Port.
A. Flip Flops
B. Memory
C. Peripheral devices ok
D. Multiplexers
Peripheral devices.
12. ______ is an electrical pathway through which the processor communicates with the internal and external devices attached to the computer.
A. Computer Bus ok
B. Hazard
C. Memory
D. Disk
Computer Bus.

13. Identify the type of serial communication error condition in which A 0 is received instead of a stop bit (which is always a 1)?
A. Framing error ok
B. Parity error
C. Overrun error
D. Under-run error
Framing error.

14. How can you define an interrupt?
A. A process where an external device can speedup the working of the microprocessor
B. A process where memory can speed up programs execution speed
C. A process where an external device can get the attention of the microprocessor ok
D. A process where input devices can takeover the working of the microprocessor
A process where an external device can get the attention of the microprocessor.

15. In which one of the following methods for resolving the priority, the device with the highest priority is placed in the first position, followed by lower-priority devices up to the device with the lowest priority, which is placed last in the series?
A. Asynchronous
B. Daisy-Chaining Priority
C. Parallel ok
D. Semi-synchronous
Parallel.

16. In which one of the following methods, does the CPU poll to identify the interrupting module and branches to an interrupt service routine on detecting an interrupt?
A. Daisy Chain
B. Software Poll ok
C. Multiple interrupt lines
D. All of the given options
Software Poll.

17. ________ controls the sequence of the flow of microinstructions.
A. Multiplexer
B. Micro program controller ok
C. DMA Controller
D. Virtual Memory
Micro program controller.

18. Identify the following type of serial communication error condition: “The prior character that was received was not still read by the CPU and is over written by a new received character.”
A. Framing error
B. Parity error
C. Overrun error ok
D. Under-run error
Overrun error.

thanks

i am doing quiz who will help me please

All qs from past quizzes. only following two quizzes were new. 

1.In the little-endian format exchanging data between computers, the data transmitted by one will be received in a “swapped” form by the other

ans: on page247

6. __________ means that the CPU should input data from an input device only when the device is ready to provide data and send data to an output device only when it is ready to receive data.

Ans: Data synchronization (page 237)

RSS

Latest Activity

Mifa Fadel liked +M.Tariq Malik's discussion SOC101 Introduction to Sociology Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion
1 hour ago
shifa arshad added a discussion to the group CS605 Software Engineering-II
4 hours ago
shifa arshad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
4 hours ago
Profile Iconиαвєєℓ αнмє∂ and Ali Fahad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
5 hours ago
shifa arshad replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT502 Organizational Behavior GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT502 Organizational Behavior
6 hours ago
shifa arshad joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
6 hours ago
+ !! SARAH replied to Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
7 hours ago
+ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ updated their profile
7 hours ago
Rizwan Mushtaq joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
7 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** My Drawing ***
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** الوداع اردو ***
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Miss. Churhail's discussion LOVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
8 hours ago
Arooj Shahid liked Omar's discussion Dua
8 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! liked 乇メ-丂イひり3刀イ.'s discussion *** الوداع اردو ***
8 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT201 Financial Management
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MGT201 Financial Management GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MGT201 Financial Management
9 hours ago
Profile IconSaba Shahzadi, waqar, Hammad Syed and 12 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion ENG001 Elementary English GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Last Date: 04-12-2020 in the group ENG001 Elementary English
9 hours ago

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service