Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

All students of CS501 are directed to participate in the GDB that will be opened from July 09, 2013 to July 10, 2013.

GDB answer via email or through MDB will not be accepted.

Note: Your answer should not be greater than 200 words.

Topic:

In xyz organization a system was installed based on pipelining processors. Later that system faced structural hazards, now you have two methods to avoid hazards, one is add “stalls” and other one is “adding new hardware” in that system. Which method will you prefer and why?

Justify your answer with appropriate reason.

Views: 1509

Replies to This Discussion

Emaan Ali ADDING NEW HARDWARE is best read carefuly on page no 214 okay 

dear fellows in my opinion its answer is only in one point that is STRUCTURAL HAZARDS plz read carefully isi mn a jata hy k "ADDING NEW HARDWARE" E REQUIRED HO GA BS.

costly hny ya na hony ki bat ni hy bat hy pipelining r structural hazard ki jska best solution stalls nai blky adding new hardware e hy any othr plz giv ur opinion about my point. i m w8ng plz hurry up

i agree with u coz for any organization performance is v important thing and stalls performance ko kam krty hn so adding new hardware is the best solution....

The first of our simple hardwares, which we will call hardware “A,” performs all operations in a single clock cycle, and has its clock slow enough that the longest instruction will fit in a single cycle. This is an extremely naïve implementation that is suitable for, say, anunder graduate hardware class, but is not used in modern architecture. As an example of how this architecture performs, take the following machine code, which corresponds to a high-level expression such as integer x*y+z, with x, y, and z each occupying its own register:

Tabassum_Rashid sister thanx 4 comnts

plz reason b batain na

Fellows there is a confusion that

All of yo are or going to be software developer but all of you are  promoting hardware but No one is supporting soft solution ??

we all are supporting soft solution  but in this case how can software improve performance....? have u any solid reason to support soft solution(stalls).....?

OF COURSE DON'T HAVE YOU ALL ARE  CORRECT

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service