Spring Final Term - 2017
Subject: CS501 - Advance Computer Architecture
Subjective Question (12-aug-2017-5:00 PM)
Q1: What are the different techniques using which a CPU can exchange data with
Q2: define the following terms in context of DRAM.
a) Slave Component
Q3: What is Dynamic RAM (DRAM) and how the cell of DRAM operate?
Q4: List down the alternative approach to Microcoding?(any three)
Q5: What is connection less communication? Write down any two example of connection
Q6: Convert 0.23base10 to base 2, Write down all the steps involved in conversion?
Q7: Find the bandwidth of memory system that has a latency bons, a pre-charge time of
10ns and transfer 3 bytes of data per access?
Q8: Write the step involved in SRC exception processing mechanism?
Q9: Briefly explain the two types of hardware interrupts?
Q10: Briefly explain the different type of Multiplexer Channel?
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
my cs501 final term paper
mcqs mostly from past papers.
3) hardware interrupt and explain its types
4)describe feature of communication oriented communication
5)about Raid 0 and Raid 1
6)about D RAM chip and Static chip
7)types of error control and 2 briefly explain
8) describe Synchronous ,Asynchronous,Semi synchronous
40 mcqs (50% from Moaaz and from handouts *read handouts throroughly) and
10 questions 5 questions 3 marks and 5 questions 5 marks
1. spatial locality vs. temporal locality
2. What is SAN, LAN and WAN. Explain briefly.
3. which technique is used to transfer data in DMA and programmed I/O
4. What is the role of DMA controller
5. Write three functions of performance issues in networks
6. What is PC and IR
7. Give atleast 2 advantages and 2 disadvanatages of serial communication of data.
8. CIP and Instruction numbers were given, ET and IC needs to be found in SRC.
9. Write 2 functions that should be build in I/O ports. Explain briefly
10. How to add and subtract in floating point representation.