We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
Spring Final Term - 2017
Subject: CS501 - Advance Computer Architecture
Subjective Question (12-aug-2017-5:00 PM)
Q1: What are the different techniques using which a CPU can exchange data with
Q2: define the following terms in context of DRAM.
a) Slave Component
Q3: What is Dynamic RAM (DRAM) and how the cell of DRAM operate?
Q4: List down the alternative approach to Microcoding?(any three)
Q5: What is connection less communication? Write down any two example of connection
Q6: Convert 0.23base10 to base 2, Write down all the steps involved in conversion?
Q7: Find the bandwidth of memory system that has a latency bons, a pre-charge time of
10ns and transfer 3 bytes of data per access?
Q8: Write the step involved in SRC exception processing mechanism?
Q9: Briefly explain the two types of hardware interrupts?
Q10: Briefly explain the different type of Multiplexer Channel?
This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.
my cs501 final term paper
mcqs mostly from past papers.
3) hardware interrupt and explain its types
4)describe feature of communication oriented communication
5)about Raid 0 and Raid 1
6)about D RAM chip and Static chip
7)types of error control and 2 briefly explain
8) describe Synchronous ,Asynchronous,Semi synchronous
40 mcqs (50% from Moaaz and from handouts *read handouts throroughly) and
10 questions 5 questions 3 marks and 5 questions 5 marks
1. spatial locality vs. temporal locality
2. What is SAN, LAN and WAN. Explain briefly.
3. which technique is used to transfer data in DMA and programmed I/O
4. What is the role of DMA controller
5. Write three functions of performance issues in networks
6. What is PC and IR
7. Give atleast 2 advantages and 2 disadvanatages of serial communication of data.
8. CIP and Instruction numbers were given, ET and IC needs to be found in SRC.
9. Write 2 functions that should be build in I/O ports. Explain briefly
10. How to add and subtract in floating point representation.