Software Engineering-1 (CS504)
Assignment # 1
Total marks = 20
Deadline Date = 14-04-2011
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
1) You should concern recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
2) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted
3) You are advised to upload your assignment at least two days before Due date.
4) This assignment file comprises of Two (2) pages.
Assignment comprises of 20 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or emergency electric failure or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 02 days before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.
For any query please contact: CS504@vu.edu.pk
Q1 [Marks 10]
“During the construction of a motorway link road, for shifting an Interchange 5 Km ahead of its current location after it has already been built, it is going to be very costly. It could be easily fixed if realized earlier.”
1) Create an analogy of the software development phases with above scenario.
2) Also mention the most suitable and worst phase (justify your answer with solid reasons in each case) for a “needed change” in case of software development regarding cost and efforts.
Q2 [10 Marks]
Draw the use case diagram of the following scenario
As System Analyst at Pakistan Railways, you need to model a Ticket Selling System for Terminal computers (TSSTC). Reading the Functional Specification of the system, you draw the following conclusions: