Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

Your company has got a project for developing a software system. A similar software system was developed in your previous company. You discover that your company's interpretation of requirements is different from the interpretation taken by your previous company. Cost of project will tremendously increase if ambiguities in requirements are not resolved. You have also an ethical responsibility of confidentiality to your previous company. Discuss what you should do in such a situation?

Note that GDB will remain open for 2 days only (from 11th Feb to 12th Feb, 2013) and no extra time will be given for posting the answer. Therefore, make sure that you submit your answer within the given time. 

Also before posting your answer, keep the following important instructions in your mind.

Important Instructions:

• Your answer should not exceed than 200 words.
  • Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
  • Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
  • Do not copy your answer from Internet or any other source. Such answers will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
  • You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email or MDB.

For any further queries regarding GDB, email at cs504@vu.edu.pk.

Views: 5179

Replies to This Discussion

Plz share your idea

very quick.....

plz help me in this gdb

in this gdb, we have to tell our opinion  what we will do for such sistuation

i think, one person served in two different software company, we have to tell about the requirements issue? that different in both the companies.

software company interpretation of requirements

Requirements analysis, also called requirements engineering, is the process of determining user expectations for a new or modified product. These features, called requirements, must be quantifiable, relevant and detailed. In software engineering, such requirements are often called functional specifications. Requirements analysis is an important aspect of project management.

Requirements analysis involves frequent communication with system users to determine specific feature expectations, resolution of conflict or ambiguity in requirements as demanded by the various users or groups of users, avoidance of feature creep and documentation of all aspects of the project development process from start to finish. Energy should be directed towards ensuring that the final system or product conforms to client needs rather than attempting to mold user expectations to fit the requirements.

Requirements analysis is a team effort that demands a combination of hardware, software and human factors engineering expertise as well as skills in dealing with people.

SIMPLE:

YEH HI BATANA HAI K KIA AAP IS SITUATION MAY PREVIOUS COMPANY K RAAZ APNY PASS HI RAKHYN GAY YA IS SOFTWARE MAY USE KARYN GAY.

thanx rameez, dear tell me what should we write for this situation? means it is better to use your previous expreince here?

i will never use due to requirements are different

the requiremnts are different?

YES

HERE IS IN GDB

You discover that your company's interpretation of requirements is different from the interpretation taken by your previous company

but the project is same....interpretations are different..and we have to remove ambiguity while keepkng previous company's secret....what to do?

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service