Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

salam todays was my frst paper of cs504......

almost 15 mcqs were frm past papers .... all other were mostly from lecture 30 to 44

subjective type:

the name of first automatic digital computer... 2 marks

infeasible path ki jo example hy bk me bs a,b ki jga x,y given thy 2 marks

layers of OSI refrence architecture ...5 marks

the extenstion of header files... 2 marks

ak code dia hoa tha usy module me convert krna tha

a student claim that software construction activities, automated and semi automated tools are needed otherwise software can not developed..... agree or not ,,, justfy ...... 5 marks

1 advantage and 1 dis advanage of inspection.

name three layers of 3.tier architecture

baki yaad nai

remember me in your prayers and best of luck

Views: 5060

Replies to This Discussion

dear tell me more about advantage and disadvantages of inspections

hu gia paper ap ka tu share kr du

and much more cme in the paper memory run and unit testing , mostly come from last lectures all mcqs and questions also so do from 38 to 45 and pray for me mera aj hu gia   mustafa mc110403622

Attachments:

file is not but cme from it dear so also solve it and one question is of we use lms what data structure we use in the vu 

Mustafa Noor File: 

Q1: the name of first automatic digital computer... 2 marks

The M-1 computer was developed in 1950-1951 in the Laboratory of Electrosystems at the Institute of Energy of the USSR Academy of Science (AS USSR) .

Or

The project to build the Automatic Computer M-1 was completed in December 1951 at the Energetics Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences. In charge of the Laboratory of Electrosystems was I.S. Brouk, who obtained the first domestic patent with the title "Digital Computer with Common Bus" in 1948…

infeasible path ki jo example hy bk me bs a,b ki jga x,y given thy 2 marks

layers of OSI refrence architecture ...5 marks

Ans:

the extenstion of header files... 2 marks

ak code dia hoa tha usy module me convert krna tha

a student claim that software construction activities, automated and semi automated tools are needed otherwise software can not developed..... agree or not ,,, justfy ...... 5 marks

1 advantage and 1 dis advanage of inspection.

name three layers of 3.tier architecture

Equavilance portioning

Equivalence partitioning (also called Equivalence Class Partitioning or ECP[1]) is a software testing technique that divides the input data of a software unit into partitions of equivalent data from which test cases can be derived. In principle, test cases are designed to cover each partition at least once. This technique tries to define test cases that uncover classes of errors, thereby reducing the total number of test cases that must be developed. An advantage of this approach is reduction in the time required for testing a software due to lesser number of test cases.

nput data of a software unit is divided into partitions by equivalence partitioning. Subsequent to this action, the test cases are derived. Each partition is covered at least once, in designing test cases. This process defines the test case which uncovers the error classification, by which reduces the number of test cases that are inevitable to develop.

koi bataye ga iska ans?
A code was given and you have to compute cyclomatic complexity (5maks)
The code was
If (a>10)
C++;
else
c++;
if (b>10)
d++;
else
e++;
‪#‎cs504‬

Q. It is a good programming practice to modularize the code. How it helps in recursive functions? (2)

Q. what other technique is used other than unit testing (2)
‪#‎cs504‬

Ans plz???

black box and white box testing i think,, not confirm

thnk u Chuhan

My Cs504 PAPer 7/3/14
50% of Mcqs were from past papers .
Subjective Part: 
Questions Of 2 marks
Q. which design pattern would you suggest for an application where hang in one object state is immediately notified to linked objects? (2)
Ans: Observer Pattern pg n0 140 
Q. write the following C statement according to the AnSI standard (2)
int factorial ();
Q. how names representing global variables in C++ should be in coding style guide?
Ans: Global variables in C++ should always be referred to by using the :: operator.
::mainWindow.open() , ::applicationContext.getName() pg no 150
Q. what is Software debugging?
Answer: Software debugging is the process by which developers attempt to remove coding defects from a computer program.
Questions of 3 marks: 

Write any three attributes of a program that contribute towards making the program
self documented? (3)
Answer: There are a number of attributes that contributes towards making the program
self documented. These include, the size of each function, choice of variable and other identifier names, style of writing expressions, structure of programming statements, comments, modularity, and issues relating to performance and portability.

Q, How many level of exception safety are there? NAme those levels.
Anwer : Levels of Exception Safety pg no 188
Basic Guarantee: Ensures that temporaries are destroyed properly and there are no
memory leaks.
Strong Guarantee: Ensures basic guarantee as well as there is full-commit or rollback.
No-throw Guarantee: Ensure that a function will not throw.
Q. In the context of three-tier architecture, "interface" of an application represents which layer? (3)
Answer : presentations, application , database (not sure)

Questions of 5 marks : 
Q. As a programmes you are instructed to write potable code in order to increase the modality of the software by your team lead . Which points you have to keep in mind to developing a portable code ? (5)
Ans: pg no 179
Q. the code given below contains a bud , identify the bug class and also explain the reason for the bug (5)
char s1[]= "This is a sentence" ;
char *s2;
s2 = (char*) malloc (strlen(s1) +1);
strcpy(s2,s); 
Q. Consider the given below statement 
*x +=(*xp=2*k<(n-m) ? c [k+1] : d[k--1]));
The above statement is complex ans difficult to read. Re-write the above statement by breaking it into multiple statements to make it more readable .(5) pg no 164
Ans: This statement liberally uses a number of operators and hence is very difficult to follow and understand. If it is broken down into simple set of statements, the logic becomes easier to follow as shown below:
if (2*k < n-m)
*xp = c[k+1];
else
*xp = d[k--];
*x = *x + *xp;
Q. Let's assume we have a system for stock market which provides data for several types of client. We want to have a client implemented as a web based application but in near future we need to add clients for mobile devices , Palm or Pocket Pc , or to have a system to notify the users with SMS alerts Which design pattern is best suited for the above scenario and why ? (5)

Answer:  Observer pattern pg no 140 

Thanks Sam. gud work

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service