Assignment No. 01
Semester Spring 2014
Software Engineering I – CS504
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 06 May, 2014
The objective of this assignment is:
To assess your overall understanding of Software Engineering concepts.
To increase your level of understanding about requirement engineering phase.
To help you understand how to effectively collect requirements.
This Assignment is Non Graded, but you need to solve it for practice and for attempting next Graded
The assignment should be in .doc format. Assignment in any format other than MS Word format will not
Assignment submitted through email will not be accepted.
This assignment is covering Software Requirements Engineering Lectures 1-5.
Recall the lectures delivered for Software Requirements engineering and solve your assignment
For any query about the Assignment contact with your Section Incharge whose email address is given in Course
“National Hospital” is a famous hospital which is currently having manual system for all Records Management.
Now Management decided to automate processes. They need a system for managing all records. Main
functionalities of “Hospital Record Management System” are given below. For automated system areas of
consideration are “Patient Record Management” and “Appointment /Checkup Record”.
Different doctors offer private consultancy in evening. For checkup, a visitor will call Receptionist or may
visit hospital for appointment.
Visitor may query Doctor’s general information including timings. Receptionist will check doctor
database/information and will inform him/her.
In case of appointment request, Receptionist will create Patient profile (if new patient). Otherwise will
update his/her existing record for new appointment details.
On scheduled day, Patient will visit doctor. Doctor’s assistant will check appointment details and will
record patient’s history and other readings (including weight info, BP, symptoms details) and will forward
Doctor will check updated information. After doing checkup, doctor will write a prescription.
Accordingly he will make an entry of Prescription including medicines information and recommended
The system generates billing reports like Hospital Service Charges, Test Charges etc. Main intention of this
system is to keep record of all data of Doctors, Staff, Patient and
Blood Bank and generate different reports. This
will helps in managing Hospital activities in an easy, proper and efficient way.
Answer the following questions by considering the above scenario.
Question No. 1 5 Marks
What are the business requirements of given “Hospital Record Management System”? Your answer should not
exceed more than three lines.
Question No. 2 5 Marks
List down the functional requirements of given “Hospital Record Management System”.
Question No. 3 5 Marks
List down the non-functional requirements of given “Hospital Record Management System”.
o Assignment should be in your own wordings not copied from net, handouts or books.
o Your answer should be “to the point”.
solution of the assignment,
is it correct?
Its really nice. But you have to add detail of functional requirements. I have added detail below roughly.
sis mn chk krti hn fr u ko batati hn
BUSINESS REQUIREMENT :
Business Requirement of “Hospital Record Management System” is to create a automate process of Hospital's record management related with Doctors, Staff and patients. Further appointments and Checkup record along-with an easy and efficient report generation of Blood Bank.
FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. In HRMS database updating of Doctor's information and timings is required on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
2. On phone call or personal visit of patient, registration of new patients is unique ID in system is required, such unique ID will be allotted to every patient for keep his track record and also to allot him appointment number. In case of old patient, his record will be updated in his profile and accordingly he will be allotted appointment number
3. On visit of patient, Doctor's Assistant will record patient's wieght, B.P and other particulars in his HRMS profile. In this regard it is mandatory that HRMS database must be able to record such detail of patients for his future usage.
4. Before examination of patient, concerned Doctor will check particular patient’s profile recorded in HRMS Database with his unique ID number, this will help doctor to acquire information of previous visits of patients, history, medical investigations etc. After examination, he will be advised new tests or admission in hospital, if required.
5. In HRMS a database will be created, in which rate of all Lab Tests, X-Ray and ultrasound OR other services charges will be entered in system.
On patient’s visit at Blood Bank for Lab Tests, HRMS will help receptionist at Blood Bank to open patient’s unique ID number and click can charge amount of Lab Tests advised by Doctor and a computer generated receipt and report will be created and printed.
This will help to add/update patient’s visit in Hospital’s different sections an payment history as well as computerized reporting.
3. NON-FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Some non functional requirnments!
The assignment given to us is just a statement and we have to write business, functional as well as non functional requirnments by ourselves.
use your own point of views!