We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Assignment No. 01
Semester: Spring 2018

CS506 – Web Design and Development

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 11/05/2018

Uploading instructions:

Your assignment should be in .zip /.rar format.

• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc000000000.rar).
  • No assignment will be accepted through email.

Rules for Marking:

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

·         The assignment is submitted after due date.

·         The submitted assignment does not open, execute or file is corrupted.

·         Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student

(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).

Assignment

Question:     (20 Marks)

You are required to write a program in java that will have two classes i.e. Person and Student.

1.  Person will be the super / parent class and it will have four data members i.e. CNIC, Name, Date of Birth and Address. Person class will have a parameterized constructor (that will initialize all the data members with the given values) along with getters and setters for each data member that will get and set the values of data members of the class.

2.  Student will be the child class and it will be inherited from Person class. It will have three data members i.e. Student ID, Study Program and Email. Student class will also have a parameterized constructor (that will initialize all the data members with the given values), getters and setters for each data member (that will get and set the values of data members of the class) and a main method. In main method, you’ll will show following options to user and take user choice by using JOptionPane.showInputDialog.

• Press 1 to add a new student.
  • Press 2 to display all students.
  • Press 3 to exit.

If user enters 1 then take the values of CNIC, Name, Date of Birth, Address, Student ID, Study Program and Email using JOptionPane.showInputDialog and create an instance of Student class by using its parameterized constructor. Now, store all this information in a text file (students.txt) separated by commas ( , ) in a single line. Whenever, user enters a new record then it should not affect the previous records in text file. Note that you have to enter your own information while entering first record.

If user enters 2 then display record of all the students available in students.txt file. Your output should be displayed as given below:

Student 1:  

CNIC : 12345-123456-1

Name: Ali

Date of Birth : May 1

Address: Lahore

Student ID: BC00000000 ( Must be same as your own VU ID)

Program: BSCS

Email: bc00000000@vu.edu.pk

Student 2:

CNIC : 12345-123456-2

Name: Ahmad

Date of Birth : March 1

Address: Lahore

Student ID: MC00000000

Program: MCS

Email: mc00000000@vu.edu.pk

Student 3

. And lastly, if user enters 3 then exit from the program.

You also have to handle exceptions properly in your program.

Important Regarding Submission:

After completing your code, execute your java file(s) on command prompt and enter students’ records to store them in students.txt file. You must have to provide your own information while entering first student’s record otherwise marks will be deducted accordingly. Students.txt file must contain at least one record (containing your own information i.e. your name, id, study program and etc.). Now, compress your java file(s) and students.txt file using winzip or winrar and upload it on VULMS.

NOTE:  Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at cs506@vu.edu.pk.  Furthermore, if any student found cheating from any other student or from online forums then he/she will be awarded ZERO right away and strict disciplinary action will be taken against the student.

Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 11th May 2018.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 11848

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Discussed & be touched with this discussion. After discussion a perfect solution will come in a result at the end.

Note:-

For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.

For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.

Or visit this link 

Click Here For Detail.

&

.•°How to Download past papers from study groups°•.

Please Click on the below link to see…

.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join .... 

P.S:    Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”

Hi, please share me .doc file 

help kr dn plz yh ksa solve ho ge

follow phonebook example

:( plz code send kr den

bro code hi send kr do main edit kr lunga

me ne java install to ki lekin ye coding kahan krni ye smjh ni aa raha.. koi bta skta please....

i also have same issue,,,

1. yeh code kis software ma likhna,, uska naam?

2. or phir run kis tra krna

solve hoi asignment

i have many error. can u help me.

RSS

Latest Activity

ϝ ι ყ α posted a discussion
4 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to + "AS"'s discussion Neelam Mat Karna ...
12 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Winters
15 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Waqas Kh@n
17 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Dot Net Developer
19 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
20 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for AsadJaved
20 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α replied to ϝ ι ყ α's discussion *خواتین.........XD XD *
21 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for CS619
21 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zahid Iqbal
23 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zain
23 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Zareen
24 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik left a comment for Malik AB
25 minutes ago
ϝ ι ყ α liked + Iuuoɔǝut+'s discussion Agar Mujh Sy Mohabbat Hy .........
29 minutes ago
+++LEARNER+++ replied to +++LEARNER+++'s discussion How to Speak Correct English
38 minutes ago
+++LEARNER+++ posted discussions
43 minutes ago
ayesha joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
46 minutes ago
ayesha joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
46 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ liked + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Bachy howey paisy
1 hour ago
+ ! ! ! ! МĂĤĂŔ βĂŚĨŤ ŚĨĂĹ ^ liked + "αяsαℓ " Ќąƶµяɨ •"'s discussion Me, Mom and Winters
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service