We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
· The assignment is submitted after due date.
· The submitted assignment does not open, execute or file is corrupted.
· Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question: (20 Marks)
You are required to write a program in java that will have three classes i.e. Person, Student and Driver.
1. Person will be the super / parent class and it will have four data members i.e. CNIC, Name, Date of Birth and Address. Person class will have a parameterized constructor (that will initialize all the data members with the given values) along with getters and setters for each data member that will get and set the values of data members of the class.
2. Student will be the child class and it will be inherited from Person class. It will have three data members i.e. Student ID, Study Program and Email. Student class will also have a parameterized constructor (that will initialize all the data members with the given values), getters and setters for each data member (that will get and set the values of data members of the class).
3. In Driver class, you’ll design a graphical user interface (GUI) that will have various text fields (like CNIC, Name, Date of Birth, Address, Student ID, Study Program and Email) and two buttons i.e. “Save Record” and “Retrieve Record”.
When user clicks “Save Record” button then take all the values entered by user in text fields and initialize an object of Student class with these values. Now, pass this object to “saveRecord” method and store all these values in MS ACCESS database (the name of database must be same as your own VU ID i.e. BC00000000.accdb).
And, when user clicks on “Retrieve Record” button then ask user to enter Student ID or CNIC (using JOptionPane.showInputDialog). Now, search this ID/CNIC in the database. If this ID/CNIC exists in database then display all information against this ID/CNIC (by using JOptionPane.showMessageDialog). Otherwise, show message that no such record exists in database against this ID/CNIC.
You also have to handle exceptions properly in your program.
After completing your code, execute your java file(s) on command prompt and enter students’ records to store them in database (the name of database must be same as your own VU ID i.e. BC00000000.accdb). You must have to provide your own information while entering first student’s record otherwise marks will be deducted accordingly. Your database must contain at least one record (containing your own information i.e. your name, id, study program and etc.). Now, compress your java file(s) and database file using winzip or winrar and upload it on VULMS.
Share This With Friends......
come on mail for solution
Kindly upload Driver.java file. if any one have already downloaded
i found error someone know what is the fault???
Your java enviornment variable not properly defined.
please go to my computer advance properties and set your enviornment variable path to java installed path bin folder and restart system. this will resolve javac compiler issue
variables set hain, Actually i have lost driver.java file. kindly upload if u have.
Zoya kindly upload Driver.java file here
here the file sorry