Please find below assignment#3 for CS507:
Kindly discuss here and suggest your opinions. Thanks
You will have to record a video file (audio+video) for making the assignment read the following instructions
Instructions for the assignment preparation:
· You are required to make a presentation file (.ppt or .pptx) for your assignment solution
· Presentation will consist of maximum of 4 – 5 slides
· First slide will contain student name and ID
· Remaining slides(3-4) will contain the solution of the assignment
· You have to formally present your assignment with proper dress code and have to record the video of your
· You can use any video recording facility such as web cam, camera, mobile phone or etc. for recording of
your presentation (See the tutorial “Tips for Recording Videos.mp4” available at download section of
· In first slide, you will tell your name and ID, and in remaining slides, you will be required to explain your
· Your introduction and explanation should not take more than 4 to 5 minutes
· After recording of your presentation, you have to convert your video in “.3gp” format using any video
conversion tool to reduce the size of the video file. (See the tutorial “Video Compression.mp4” available
at download section of VULMS)
· After converting the video in .3gp format, review your file to verify that audio and video are properly
· Install VLC media player to view your compressed video before uploading on VU-LMS. You can
download VLC from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html.
· It is preferable to use English in your presentation in case of reluctance you can also use Urdu language.
· Note that you will record your presentation standing in front of camera.
Please view the Assignment Submission Process document provided to you by the Virtual University for
Compress your video file and presentation file using any compression tool like WINZIP or WINRAR
Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.rar)
Make sure that size of assignment file should not exceed 30 MB
No assignment will be accepted through email.
Weightage of Assignment:
· This assignment has 5% weightage of your overall marks in CS507.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after due date.
In assignment file the student name with vu student id is not mentioned
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
Question 1 : What is Grid Computing? Discuss Distributed Computing vs Grid Computing.
(10 Marks= 5 for Slides+ 5 for Contents)
Total Assignment Marks =20 ( 10 for Question 1+ 10 for Presentation/Video)
Be precise in your answer. Write in your own words according to the problem statement. Don’t write
unnecessary or irrelevant information it will mark zero.
Data should be properly formatted
Do not put any query on MDB related to assignment, if you have any query then email at
Your assignment must be uploaded on VULMS on or before Tuesday 26th July 2016.
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.
Please friends share your ideas on assinment
HUN ARAM AYE..ENJOYYYYY FRIENDS
WHAT IS DRESS CODE FOR VU?????? FRIENDS
Dear #zargham, even i dont know we need to ask instructor for this...
If any body knows kindly reply here. Thanks
Salam, Any body attempted this assignment? kindly advise here please
w.salam as far i think by dress code they mean Formal dress (no funky/casual stuff).
And i think us say ziadah important yeh hai k grid and distributed computing bht mixed up hai.
Grid computing also consist of numbers of computers doing a task, so in distributed computing different computers', servers' cluster to do different tasks.
now i am stuck with the concept.
Grid Computing is not in handouts??
i amde the PPTX ..But not the vedio
slides me tu presentation likh dete han , lakin video me wo hi bol kar dikhani ha ? kaise manage karna ha ? ya tu sirf video bolte ya phir slide , kya kar rahe han sab ? any idea ??
slides bana kar print karni ha ?? phir usi ko pakar kar video me present karni ha ??? or sirf video upload karni ha vulms per ??
FRIENDS FOLLOW BELOW MENTIONED STEPS FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
1. FIRST OF ALL WRITE ANSWER TO QUESTION ON PPT IN 4 OR 5 SLIDES,MAX SIZE 30MB
A. FIRST PAGE WILL CONTAIN NAME AND STUDENT ID, ALL OTHERS WILL CONTAIN ANSWER-------10 MARKS
2. THEN MAKE A VIDEO IN GOOD DRESS BY READING IT (REMEMBER INSTRUCTOR CANT SEE VIDEO OF ALL STUDENTS, JUST READ IT WITHOUT HESITATION IN 4 TO 5 MINUTES
3. AFTER MAKING VIDEO CONVERT IT INTO 3GP FORMAT...METHOD GIVEN IN TUTORIAL
4. FINALLY SEE YOUR COMPRESSED VIDEO(3GP FORMAT) ON VLC PLAYER