We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Assignment No. 01
Semester Spring 2020

CS508 -  Modern Programming Languages

Total Marks: 20

Due Date:29-May-2020

Instructions

Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

·        The assignment is submitted after due date.

·        The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.

·        The assignment is completely or partially copied from (other student or ditto copied from handouts or internet).

·        Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment File or name of file is other than student ID.

·        The assignment is not submitted in .rar format.

Submission details

Following files must be submitted in a single zip or rar file.

·       Code file(.sno file)

·       A .gif file which shows working of your application (For Recording .gif a software named Screentogif is uploaded on LMS, or you can use any other gif recording tool as well)

Please note if you submit doc or txt file you will be awarded 0 marks. Make sure to write your own VU ID in the assignment file(s) otherwise assignment will not be accepted.

If you do not submit any of the above mentioned file 50% marks per file will be deducted.

Objective

The objective of this assignment is to give hands on practice on Snobol programming language.

Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 1 - 9

You are required to create a Snobol Console Program.

You will use Snobol4 Compiler to compile Snobol code, if you are using a 64-bit operating system then Snobol4 compiler will not work directly you need to use DOSBox to run the compiler and compiler code.(Tutorial document has already been uploaded on Lms on how to compile code in DOSBox).

Please note that you cannot use any online compiler.

Problem Statement:

You need to create a console application in Snobol which will execute nested loop based on your student id.

·       Last four digits of your id will be used in both loops.

·       For example, if your id is bc120401122 then outer loop will execute 11 times and inner loop will execute 22 times.

·       First print your id on top of the console screen.

·       Then inside both loops print no of times the loop has executed.

·       You can hardcode your id in your code or take input from user.

Make sure to write your id on top of the program otherwise your assignment will not be accepted.

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 1256

Replies to This Discussion

CS508 Modern Programming Languages Assignment No. 1 Solution by VU ACADEMY

You are required to create a Snobol Console Program.
You will use Snobol4 Compiler to compile Snobol code, if you are using a 64-bit operating system then Snobol4 compiler will not work directly you need to use DOSBox to run the compiler and compiler code.(Tutorial document has already been uploaded on Lms on how to compile code in DOSBox).
Please note that you cannot use any online compiler.
Problem Statement:
You need to create a console application in Snobol which will execute nested loop based on your student id.
• Last four digits of your id will be used in both loops.
• For example, if your id is bc120401122 then outer loop will execute 11 times and inner loop will execute 22 times.
• First print your id on top of the console screen.
• Then inside both loops print no of times the loop has executed.
• You can hardcode your id in your code or take input from user.

#CS508
#VU
#VUACADEMY
#Assignment
#Snobol
#VUAssignment
#AssignmentSolution
#SnobolCompiler
#ModernProgrammingLanguages

Dear Students I have Solved and Uploaded the Assignment of CS508. I have also tried to explain it to you.

The biggest issue that comes up when submitting an assignment is copy paste.

To fix this, I have explained in video how we can save copy paste issue by how to do that change in code / assignment.

Dear Faisal,

I have created my assignment according to your youtube tutorial but when I run the program in SNOBOL4 inside DOSBox, it gives error. What could be problem. Here is screenshot of error. Also my ID is BC180200072, and outer Loop is 00

outer loop men value change kr k dekhen. 00 ki bjay koi or value enter kr k check kren

I'll share code file in video description

CS508 assg complete solution and guideness how to step by step

How to Compile SNOBOL4 program CS508 Modern Programming Languages Assignment No 1 Solution Problem Statement: You need to create a console application in Snobol which will execute nested loop based on your student id. · Last four digits of your id will be used in both loops. · For example, if your id is bc120401122 then outer loop will execute 11 times and inner loop will execute 22 times. · First print your id on top of the console screen. · Then inside both loops print no of times the loop has executed. · You can hardcode your id in your code or take input from user. Code : OUTPUT = 'My Vu Student ID is: BC120401122' Out_N = 1 OUTLOOP OUTPUT = 'Outer Loop No =' Out_N Out_N = Out_N + 1 Inn_N = 1 LE(Out_N,11) : S(INNLOOP) INNLOOP OUTPUT = 'Inner Loop No = ' Inn_N Inn_N = Inn_N + 1 LE(Inn_N, 22) : S(INNLOOP) LE(Out_N, 11) : F(END) LE(Inn_N, 22) : F(OUTLOOP) OUT END

Snobol4 mount nhi ho raha. Just d drive mount ho rahi hai. Run karo to error ata hai ku k snobol mount nhi hua. please assist.

close DOSBox and run again. Type these commands and press Enter after each Command:

mount F D:\SNOBOL4

F:

SNOBOL4 CS508.SNO /Q

Now edit the .sno file and check all lines one by one. mean only 1st line in program file, save and execute. We will find which line is giving error. do not issue mount command again. but if you close DOSBox then again issue mount command.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Here

HELP SUPPORT

This is a member-supported website. Your contribution is greatly appreciated!

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service