Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

Question 1: [5]

Suppose a leather firm wants to build a computer network, where it wants to connectmultiple star topologies together, which topology you will prefer to connect multiple startopologies? Explain your answer with solid reasons.

Question 2: [5]

Differentiate between frames and packets in tabular form? (Minimum five points)

Question 3: [5]

Assume eleven devices are arranged in a mesh topology. How many cables and ports areneeded for each device?

Please share your ideas about this assignment.Fall%202011_CS601_1.pdf

Views: 1473

Replies to This Discussion

assignment 1 cs601 ka solutoin kise ko ata hai toh plz up load ker do

Q.3

The numbers of cable links required for mesh topology are:
Number of devices = 11
Number of links = n (n-1)/2
=11 (11-1)/2 = 55 

Number of I/o ports = (n-1) = 11-1 = 10

No of Links Wrong see the question... its fro all nodes ... but in assignment they mentioned for each node so as far as my experience are concern it must be 10 cables for each device.

Thamkx.

Q.2 Idea ..
A packet and a frame are both packages of data moving through a network.

A packet exists at Layer 3 of the OSI Model, whereas a frame exists at Layer 2 of the OSI Model.

Layer 2 is the Data Link Layer. The best known Data Link Layer protocol is Ethernet.

Layer 3 is the Network Layer. The best know Network Layer protocol is IP (Internet Protocol).

To move through a network, a packet is encapsulated into one or more frames

Packet This term is consided by many to correctly refer to a message sent by protocols operating at the network layer of the OSI Reference Model. So you will commonly see people refer to packets . However, this termin is commonly also used to refer generically to any type of message, as i menitoned earlier.

Frame This term is most commonly associated with messages that travel at low levels of the OSI Reference Model. In particular, it is most commonly seen used in reference to data link layer messages. It is occasionally also used to refer to physical layer messages, when message formatting is performed by a layer 1 technology. A frame gets its name from the fact that it is created by taking higher-level packets or datagrams and "framing" them with additional header information needed at the lower level.

thank you dear for helping allah bless you

I think the tree topology is best in the case that described in question.

thankx

See the attached file for Complete solution of Cs601 Assignment#01 Fall 2011

Attachments:

thanks

Thank You dear tariq malik saheb for sharing your ideas with us hope you will help more..thanks once agian.

Q.2 Idea ..
A packet and a frame are both packages of data moving through a network.

A packet exists at Layer 3 of the OSI Model, whereas a frame exists at Layer 2 of the OSI Model.

Layer 2 is the Data Link Layer. The best known Data Link Layer protocol is Ethernet.

Layer 3 is the Network Layer. The best know Network Layer protocol is IP (Internet Protocol).

To move through a network, a packet is encapsulated into one or more frames

Packet This term is consided by many to correctly refer to a message sent by protocols operating at the network layer of the OSI Reference Model. So you will commonly see people refer to packets . However, this termin is commonly also used to refer generically to any type of message, as i menitoned earlier.

Frame This term is most commonly associated with messages that travel at low levels of the OSI Reference Model. In particular, it is most commonly seen used in reference to data link layer messages. It is occasionally also used to refer to physical layer messages, when message formatting is performed by a layer 1 technology. A frame gets its name from the fact that it is created by taking higher-level packets or datagrams and "framing" them with additional header information needed at the lower level.

Q.3

The numbers of cable links required for mesh topology are:
Number of devices = 11
Number of links = n (n-1)/2
=11 (11-1)/2 = 55 

Number of I/o ports = (n-1) = 11-1 = 10

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service