Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

Objectives: To understand the fundamentals of network topologies and modes of communication.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs601@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

Question No 1:                                                                                                                         Marks 10     

Suppose there is a network of 6 computers and 2 printers and they are connected to each other through mesh topology. You are required to calculate the number of possible links in the network. Also explain that how can point to point links make fault identification easy in mesh topology? Justify your answer with proper reasoning in 4 to 5 lines.

Question No 2:                                                                                                                         Marks 10     

A distance learning university updated its exam schedule. Students are notified about this updating by using the following types of communication:

1) Announcement on university’s website.

2) Sending e-mail to every student.

3) Sending SMS/text on every student’s cell phone.

4) By making a call on every student’s cell phone.

5) Displaying notification by the newspaper.

a)      Identify each of the above types as simplex, half duplex and full duplex.

b)      According to the given scenario, which communication mode (simplex, half duplex, full duplex) is more effective? Discuss with proper reasoning.

Views: 8250

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

U have nice thinking

Mesh Network Topology

This diagram illustrates the mesh network topology. A mesh topology provides redundant communication paths between some or all devices (partial or full mesh).

Mesh Network Topology Diagram

Note: Only For Guide line not A solution 

printers are included in mesh topology or not?

Printer is an output device so we cannot count it as node

we will must count as a node...

helo g

agr apko so;ution chaya 601 ka to m apki help kr skta hu

i m  sending u cmplte solution of cs 601

Attachments:

Networking nodes are the specific machines and routers within a network that allow that network to function. Each server, router, individual or local computer and printer with an Internet protocol (IP) address is considered a network node. The term node is typically used when creating a design map or diagram during construction of a network.

Printers and Scanners

• Printers and scanners can also be shared on a network and become nodes. Printers or scanners can attach directly to an end-user computer or a network administrator can assign a scanner or printer an IP address. Once a printer or scanner is assigned its own IP address, it is considered a node on the network.

MESH topology network

Every device has dedicated a point-to-point link to every other device 
o  Dedicated: Means that the link carries traffic only between these two devices 
Links to connect ‘n’ devices 
o  Each device must have I/O Ports

no of links=n(no. of I/O ports)/2

no of I/O ports=n-1

bro all i could understand is that each device should have 2*8/2=8-1=7 <-----these are the number of links am i right?

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service