Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

Views: 6408

Replies to This Discussion

Question:                                                                                                                                   Marks 15     

Question. 1                                                                                                                      (5 Marks)

Consider an extremely noisy channel in which the value of the signal-to-noise ratio is 2000 and bandwidth is equal to 6000 Hz. Calculate channel capacity, according to Shannon Capacity formula. Provide your answer with full calculation, correct formula and correct units.

Formula

Calculation

Unit

Question. 2                                                                                                                        (5 Marks)

Suppose a signal travels through a transmission medium with initial power 1000dB but due to some impairments it is received at the destination (about 100 Km away from the source) with power 10dB. You are required to calculate the total power loss, by following all steps in the formula with the correct unit.

Formula

Calculation

Unit

Question. 3                                                                                                                         (5 Marks)

Assume a well reputable company that manufactures the electronic equipments, wants to establish a small and reliable network of 40 computers for communication with each other. According to you, which transmission medium between STP and UTP will be preferred and why? Justify your answer with solid reason. 

Q1                                                                                                         

Formula

Calculation

Unit

C = B log2 (1 + S/N)

Bandwidth is 3 KHz

S/N ratio is 3162

C = B log2 (1 + S/N)

C = 6000 log2 (1 + 2000)

C = 65.799

bps

Q2

Formula

Calculation

Unit

dB = 10 log10 (P2/P1)

P1 is Intial Power

P2 is Final Power

dB = 10 log10 (P2/P1)

dB = 10 log10 (100/1000)

dB= -10

dB

isnt the answer suppose to be -20 as p2 is 10 not 100

I don't think that answer of first question would come out in decimal point (C = 65.799) It is straight 65,799 bps I also want you to emphasis  on its unit which is bps so ....

i was 65,799 

what is 3162? in first question? I didn't  get the point of 3162. you are saying 1+S/N in formula you are also defining S/N= 3162 and again in formula you are putting 2000 instead of 3162... please elaborate it I really didn't get the point.

3162 just FOR EXAMPLE in handout not relate to this question

Bro why we treat p2 is -20 cause its mention in question is 100db?? So can u explain for my confusion

read the question again

Suppose a signal travels through a transmission medium with initial power 1000dB but due to some impairments it is received at the destination (about 100 Km away from the source) with power 10dB. You are required to calculate the total power loss, by following all steps in the formula with the correct unit

so p2 is 10dB not 100dB

oops little mistake by the thanks :) (Y)

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

Question. 3                                                                                                                         (5 Marks)

Assume a well reputable company that manufactures the electronic equipments, wants to establish a small and reliable network of 40 computers for communication with each other. According to you, which transmission medium between STP and UTP will be preferred and why? Justify your answer with solid reason. 

according to me ,STP should be used as the company is manufacturing electronic equipment so STP will block the outside electromagnetic signals and reduce noice as well

please do comment if you think im wrong.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Latest Activity

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service