“Both TCP/IP model and OSI model work in a very similar fashion. But they do have very slight differences too. Knowing these differences is very important in learning computer networking. In your point of view which model is best regarding usage and why? Discuss it.”
A concise, coherent and to the point comment is preferred over lengthy comment having irrelevant details. Your comment must not be more than 8-10 lines. Comments, posted on regular Lesson's MDB or sent through email will NOT be considered in any case. Any request about such an acceptance will not be catered
dear pls thora sa explain kren k kis main reason ki bina pr kon sa better hy
1. The OSI model originally distinguishes between service,interval and
The TCP/IP model doesnt clearly distinguish between service,interval and
2. The OSI model is a reference model.
The TCP/IP model is an implementation of the OSI model.
3. In OSI model,the protocols came after the model was described.
In TCP/TP model,the protocols came first,and the model was really just a
description of the existing protocols.
4. In OSI model,the protocols are better hidden.
In TCP/IP model ,the protocols are not hidden.
5. The OSI model has 7 layers.
The TCP/IP model has only 4 layers.
6. The OSI model supports both connectionless and connection-oriented
communication in the network layer,but only connection -oriented
communication in transport layer.
The TCP/IP model supports both connectionless and connection-oriented
communication in the transport layer.,giving users the choice.