Quiz No. 2 of CS601 will be held on June 03, 2014 and will also remain open on June 04, 2014.
Lecture no. 11 to 20 will be included in the quiz.
You are required to attempt the quiz as early as possible once it is available to you.
Best of Luck! Regards,
6. greater than
(CS601) Quiz 2 | Date: June 3, 2014 | Time: 08:20 PM
1. Sampling means measuring ______________ of signal at equal intervals.
2. _________ of a signal is the collection of all the component frequencies it contains
3. By subtracting frequency from lowest to highest we get
4. _______ can be measured by measuring the vertical distance from a given point on the wave form to the horizontal axis.
5. Radio is an example of _________________ signal conversion.
Analog to analog
Analog to digital
Digital to Digital
Digital to analog
6. There are ________ types of digital to digital encoding.
2. Frequency spectrum
5. Analog to analog
10. A sine wave is ________.
periodic and discrete
aperiodic and discrete
periodic and continuous
aperiodic and continuous
11. In the encoding where positive to negative transition is one and vice versa is zero.
All of above
None of given
12. _______encoding is almost obsolete today
13. _______ requires 2 signal changes to represent binary 0 but only one to represent binary 1.
10. periodic and continuous
13. Differential Manchester
thankssssss alot ahmad bhai
(CS601) Quiz 2 | Date: June 4, 2014 | Time: 10:30 AM
1. _____ is a type of transmission impairment in which the signal loses strength due to the resistance of the transmission medium.
2. If the bandwidth of a signal is 5 KHz and the lowest frequency is 52 KHz, what is the highest frequency?
3. Doubling no. of Tx lines ______ Cost and proves ___________
4. Digital signals are refers to be
5. RZ stands for
Return to Z
6. _______ data are continuous and take continuous values.
both analog and digital
7. The last process in PCM is _________ digital data into digital signal.
2. 57 KHz
3. increase, uneconomical
5. Return 0
RZ stand for,
Return to zero is correct.
6 not ecoding its analog
(CS601) Quiz 2 | Date: June, 4 2014 | Time: 11 : 20 AM
1. Analog To Analog Conversion Methods include ______.
AM, PM and FM
AM, FSK and PM
AM, PM and QAM
None of above
2. Asynchronous transmission is fast as compared to synchronous transmission.
3. A 1 bit is represented by positive to zero and a 0 is represented by negative to zero transition in ________ encoding.
4. Bandwidth of AM signal (modulated signal) is equal to
2 * bandwidth of modulating signal
3 * bandwidth of modulating signal
4 * bandwidth of modulating signal
5. A sine wave in the ______ domain can be represented by one single spike in the _____ domain.
Ahmad reply ni ha