Question 1: How ZigBee is taken as a unique and better wireless technology for the data communication over the internet?
Zigbee technology is unique and better wireless technology for data communication due to following reasons:
1. Its centralization control system reduces the man power.
2. It allows wireless networking to connect several units through one button.
3. It helps to monitor the activities in a better way.
4. It saves the wireless networking from short circuiting.
5. The ZigBee technology devices are based on low power consumption therefore are
reliable, therefore can run for long duration.
6. Zigbee technology used in the remote control devices helps to control the function at a
7. Its Bluetooth application gives a unique feature of transferring information or data
from one place to another in a far better way than Bluetooth itself.
8. The low cost allows the technology to be used widely in wireless control and
Q. 2 Differentiate between Zigbee and other wireless communication technologies?
ZigBee and Other wireless communication technologies:
Zigbee is designed around low power consumption which increases battery life while others use high power.
Zigbee provides network security and application support services better than others.
It provides low cast in contrast to others high cost.
Using Mesh networking standard it provides reliability and larger range better than any other wireless network.
Zigbee devices use small transmitters for communication with the central computer.
It also publishes application profiles that allow multiple OEM vendors to create interoperable products.
It is the newest and provides specifications for devices that have low data rates, consume very low power.
ZigBee devices are limited to low throughput of 250kbps at 2.4GHz while others provide high data rate i.e. Bluetooth up to 1Mbps and Wi-Fi up to 54Mbps.
Finally it provides remote monitoring and manipulation.
Bluetooth provides high data rate of 1Mbps at 2.4GHz.
Q. 3 How Zigbee technology ensures Reliable and secures data communication in wireless networks?
ZigBee technology uses security model of the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC sub layer which specifies following security services:
1. It maintains a list of trusted devices within the network
2. In this technology encryption standard is increased
2. It saves data from modifying by different parties..
3. It gives sequential freshness to reject data frames that have been replayed
4. Controller compares the freshness value with the last known value from the device.
The actual security implementation is specified by the implementer using a standardized tool box of ZigBee security software.
One more Solution of CS601 Assignment#05
See the attached file please