Assignment No. 03
Semester: Spring 2016
CS604 –Operating System
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 28-07-2016
- To enhance presentation skills of students
- How Random Access Memory works
- Your assignment must be in .ZIP format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, etc will not be accepted).
- Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
- No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
- Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
Prepare 4 to 5 slides and record your video about the following topic. Upload slides and video on VU-LMS after zipping it.
Topic: How Paging Saves External Fragmentation
Instructions for the assignment preparation:
- You are required to make a presentation file (.ppt or .pptx) for your assignment solution
- Presentation will consist of maximum of 4 – 5 slides
- First slide will contain student name and ID
- Remaining slides will contain the solution of the assignment
- You have to formally present your assignment with proper dress code and have to record the video of your presentation
- You can use any video recording facility such as web cam, camera, mobile phone or etc. for recording of your presentation (See the tutorial “Tips for Recording Videos.mp4” available at download section of VULMShttp://vulms.vu.edu.pk/Courses/CS506/Downloads/Tips%20for%20Recordi...).
- In first slide, you will speak your name and ID, and in remaining slides, you will be required to explain your solution.
- Your introduction and explanation should not take more than 4 to 5 minutes
- After recording of your presentation, you have to convert your video in “.3gp” format using any video conversion tool to reduce the size of the video file. (See the tutorial “Video Compression.mp4” available at download section of VULMS,http://vulms.vu.edu.pk/Courses/CS506/Downloads/Soft%20Skill%20Assig...)
- After converting the video in .3gp format, review your file to verify that audio and video are properly playing.
- Install VLC media player to view your compressed video before uploading on VU-LMS. You can download VLC from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- It is preferable to use English in your presentation in case of reluctance you can also use Urdu language.
- Note that you will record your presentation standing in front of camera.
Weightage of Assignment:
- This assignment has 5% weightage of your overall marks in CS604.
Instructions for the assignment submission:
- Compress your video file and presentation file using any compression tool like WINZIP or WINRAR
- Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.rar)
- Make sure that size of assignment file should not exceed 30 MB
Your assignment must be uploaded on VULMS on or before Monday28th July 2016.
For any query about the assignment, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org