We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

Assignment No. 01 Semester: Fall 2013 CS609: System Programming-Due Date: 29/11/2013

Solution of Assignment No. 01
Semester: Fall 2013
System Programming-CS609

Total Marks: 00

Due Date: 29/Nov/2013

Ungraded Assignment

Instructions:                            

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the use of ISR and its services.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

Question 1:                                                                                                                               Marks 00     

Suppose we are going to program PIC. How can you write the C statements for the following requirements:

1. To access the values of registers.

2. To access the values of IRR (Interrupt Request Register)

3. To read the value of port 20 and place in a variable “a”.

4. To read the values of ISR (Interrupt Service Register).

5. To notify the slave PIC for EOI.

6. To declare a character for pointer that represents the starting address of keyboard buffer.

Question 2:                                                                                                                               Marks 00     

Discuss the various methods to prevent a TSR program for memory resident repeatedly.

BEST OF LUCK

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 2826

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so remorseful ,bcz main ne 2 assignment(cs504 andcs506 isi Non graded k chakkr main chor di thi ....I wish k main wo submit krwa deti ...marking na sahi practice ho jati ...

hahahaha, gud zada dimag chalana bhi sehat k liye kbi kbi nuqsan deh sabit hota hai.

sumaira marking hoo ge assingmnts ki lakin jo humra final result ay aga na us ma in non-grarded assingmnts k marks incldued ni kiya jain gain.

or ak or bat non-graded ka ya matlb to nei hota k ap assingmnt he chor dain.is sa humin ak or befit milt ha k hum kud pa ahtamd ker k jo apna knowlage ha us k motbic assingmnts banin theek hua to bhot acha na hua to kon sa humra final result pa in ka aser pherna ha.

ma na kud 4 non-grarded assingmnts bana k submit keri hain or ya wali b ker di ha.

+sam gud and thnxxx for this infooo hum alrdy get kr chuky haen from lms 

Aoa

pls tell me in question 1 we write the full program of code or just mention the statements which are given in the assignment?

Hi All, Before copying the answer of this assignment from handout, my request to all of you that you must read instruction carefully, it is mention that Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from handouts.

Aoa 

i have tried to answer Q#2 myself. if wanna use , must change it.

One method is to use a memory area as flag that is global to all programs. One such memory area is IVT whose int 65H is empty that means no program is using it so we can use its vector as a flag. But what if some another program is already using int 65H? If some other program is using its vector , then there must be some confusion because our program tries to place some value in the flag while another program at the same time will be placing some other value in the flag.

In order to avoid this situation, there is another approach where we are using service # 0xFF which does not exist for any ISR. In fact , key idea behind this is to place a check by using such a service that does not exist for any ISR. In this case , if program is already memory resident then ISR performs its execution and returns with performing any I/O operation.

mehwish kahan likha h page 61 p k 0x20 use hta h register values ko access krny k liye

or jo  ISR or IRR wal q h us me sirf pintf wali statement likhna kaafi nh h kia??

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service