We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Assignment No. 01
CS609: System Programming
Total Marks: 20
May 10, 2018
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
§ The assignment is submitted after due date.
§ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
§ You have not followed steps described in Detailed Instructions of the problem statement.
§ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.) Strict action will be taken in this regard.
Note: You have to upload only .doc or .docx file. Assignment in any other format (extension) will not be accepted and will be awarded with zero marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands-on experience of System Programming concepts including:
· Generating interrupts
· Writing our own interrupt functions
· Making a Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) program
· Accessing monitor text memory area
· Taking input from user and invoking relevant interrupt functions
This assignment covers lecture # 1 to lecture # 6
For any assignment related query, contact at CS609@vu.edu.pk
Write a TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) program, by using interrupt 65H, that will print Student ID when 0 is pressed by the user, and full Name when 1 is pressed by the user.
1) In this program, you will implement interrupt 65H which is currently not used by operating system.
2) Interrupt 65H function must check for Service Number – if service number is 0, your Student ID will be printed and if service number is 1, your full Name will be displayed. In order to implement this, place service number in AH register. Interrupt 65H will check its value and will perform relevant function.
3) Student ID or full Name must be printed at the beginning of monitor text memory area, 0xb8000000
4) Calculate Attribute Byte for both Student ID and Name according to the following criteria:
a. Text blinking: No
b. Background color: White
c. Foreground color: Black
d. Bold text: No
5) Visit this link: https://ascii.cl/ for complete ASCII table. This table is also available in the Downloads section of LMS.
6) Use keep() function to make this program TSR.
7) After writing interrupt 65H, write a test function which will take input from user (for example: Enter 0 for printing Student ID and 1 for printing Name), place relevant service number in AH register, and generate interrupt function. You may use switch statement for this.
8) Your assignment file should be a single Word file (.doc or .docx) containing:
a. Complete interrupt function (both services must be implemented)
b. Test function to generate interrupt as given in instruction # 7
9) You can use Consolas font for enhancing readability of the code in Word file.
You should NOT use interrupt 21/09H to display Student ID or Name. It must be displayed only by accessing monitor text memory area.
Best of Luck!
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Don't know better solution atm, but you can print your id character by character like
*(scr+1) = 0x7043
and so on
1st smstr sy 609 k charchy suny thy ab pta b lg gya...... koi kindly cmplt solution ki video e bna dey.
Maine yehi copy paste lar name chage kar k submit karwa di
konsi copy ki he muje send kr dein plz myeri gmail id he Arsalmalik335@gmail.com
Where did you use Keep Function and switch statement ?
hm na pagal ho jana he plz koi smjha day ka sal me kia karna is subject ki hme zara bhi smjh nahi ati apni id ka sath kasy karna ha plzzz
plz koi bta dy k hm apna ID n Name ko ASCII code m kesy change kren??
even the single requirement of assignment is not follow. .. thanks god i have not copy paste from this..