Semester: Fall 2019
CS609: System Programming
Assignment No. 01
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: Nov 11, 2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
§ The assignment is submitted after due date.
§ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
§ You have not followed steps described in Detailed Instructions of the problem statement.
§ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.) Strict action will be taken in this regard.
Note: You have to upload only .doc or .docx file. Assignment in any other format (extension) will not be accepted and will be awarded with zero marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands-on experience of System Programming concepts including:
· How can interrupts be generated
· What are Interrupts
· Interrupt functions writing
· BIOS data area.
· TSR program
· Calling interrupt functions
For any assignment related query, contact at CS609@vu.edu.pk
You are required to write a C program using interrupt 21H to print 3 string arrays i.e “Virtual University of Pakistan”, your own Student Name and father name. Your program should intercept the timer interrupt to call a function name “ScrollLock” to switch on the ScrollLock on the keyboard when the timer interrupt 8h occurs.
1) Declare 3 character strings st1,st2,st3 having Values, Virtual University of Pakistan, your own Student Name and Father Name respectively.
2) In this program, you will implement interrupt 21H to print the character string values on the top.
3) Place service number 0x09 in AH register and String in DX to print strings.
4) You should save interrupt 8H vector in a pointer to vector variable name old through getvect() instruction.
5) Call any new function called i.e ScrollLock( ) through setvect instruction.
6) Use keep() function to make this program TSR.
Note: Your assignment file should be a single Word file (.doc or .docx)
halow mujy cs609 ki asighnmnt bna do my name is faiza fathe name is mustafa student id is bc160202107 send on my mail id firstname.lastname@example.org