CS609 Assignment No 03 Solution & Discussion Due Date July 29, 2016
CS609 System Programming Assignment No. 3 Solution Spring 2016 Due Date July 29, 2016
Assignment No. 03
Semester: Spring 2016
CS609 – System Programming
Total Marks: 10
Due Date: 29/07/2016
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open, execute or file is corrupted.
- Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
- To enhance the communication and presentation skills of the students
Question: (10 Marks)
A file system is an important part of any operating system and a way of organizing information on a storage device. You are required to pick any currently used file system of your choice and explain its basic structure as per following guidelines.
Instructions for assignment preparation:
- You are required to make a presentation file (.ppt or .pptx) for your assignment solution
- Presentation will consist of maximum of 4 – 5 slides
- First slide will contain student name and ID
- Remaining slides will contain the solution of the assignment
- You have to formally present your assignment with proper dress code and have to record the video of your presentation
- You can use any video recording facility such as web cam, camera, mobile phone or etc. for recording of your presentation (See the tutorial “Tips for Recording Videos.mp4” available at download section of CS609 in VULMS).
- In first slide, you will speak your name and ID, and in remaining slides, you will be required to explain your solution.
- Your introduction and explanation should not take more than 4 to 5 minutes
- After recording of your presentation, you have to convert your video in “.3gp” format using any video conversion tool to reduce the size of the video file. (See the tutorial “Video Compression.mp4” available at download section of CS609 in VULMS)
- After converting the video in .3gp format, review your file to verify that audio and video are properly playing.
- Install VLC media player to view your compressed video before uploading on VU-LMS. You can download VLC from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html.
- It is preferable to use English in your presentation in case of reluctance you can also use Urdu language.
- Note that you will record your presentation standing in front of camera.
Weightage of Assignment:
- This assignment has 5% weightage of your overall marks in System Programming (CS609).
Instructions for the assignment submission:
- Compress your video file and presentation file using any compression tool like WINZIP or WINRAR
- Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.rar)
- Make sure that size of assignment file should not exceed 30 MB
NOTE: Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email email@example.com.
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 29th July 2016.