We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2013
System Programming-CS609

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 10/Feb/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the Disk File Structures and real problems.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given scenario. This implementation will build your understanding of real mode and protected mode limitations more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe the solution in steps if possible. Otherwise describes the reasons of No answer shortly.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode. He has two equal partitions of his 120 GB hard drive. He has an important data on his secondary partition. He has a DOS bootable USB drive with FAT16 structure. Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive? Give logical reason for your answer.

Note: Google the different possibilities for the given scenario assuming that it happen with you. Implement all founded possibilities on your system then suggest a feasible solution for Ahwas within steps. You also can use any other utility within the scenario limitations.

ð     Contact through Skype or email for any other query.

BEST OF LUCK

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 9449

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

AbdulRauf  bro.I think  u use DOS version that reside in window. we r asked for bootable DOS which is different scenario.

FAT16 will be available if u try to install windows 98 on any spare system, 

Did u try to copy data from windows based DOS??

and 2nd Q is that ,

agar aap nay abi USB ko FAT16 main format ni kia to data copy kaisay kia. Mean kay FAT16 say USB ko format kr kay to ni kia na??

Raja ahmed bro usb ko bootable bnany k liye fat 16 ki to option hi nae available to how it is possible to make fat32 usb to fat 16??

Formatting with Windows

• To format a USB stick to FAT with Windows, follow these instructions:
  • Open the Control Panel,
  • Select Administrative Tools, then go to Computer Management,
  • Select Disk Management,
  • Right click on the drive letter corresponding to the USB drive and select Format,
  • If the key has a capacity of more than 2 GB, choose FAT32.
  • Confirm with OK.

Hum nay just 5 steps ko follow krna ha to format our USB in FAT16 structure

iss assignment mai kerna kia hai...................?

i hate system programming

yeh pehla subj hai jis k 40 lect read kernay k bad bhi mery kuch paalay nai parha,

meri mat mar di cs619 nay

han midterm mai 81% marks hain cs609 mai

irrelevant  subject for MCS degree

kia yeh last assignment hai iss subject ki ?

Yeh ASSIGNMENT 20 MARKS or betuka sa logic da dya ha ta k koi bhi ful marks na le ske.

koi bta sakta ha es assignment k step kya ho ga or ese kese krna ho ga mje tu koi smj nhe aa rhe......................

Subject: assignment

dear sir

we have to write all steps that will include solving this problem? or we have to just give the ans with yes or no?

Post Your Comments
Other Students' Comments: 0

Instructor's Reply:
Give the solution in steps in case of yes otherwise describe the logic for your no. Remember that you are open to use any utility. 

dear + Maryam Malik +  i was talking about system programming not application programming,

cs619 is typed by mistake i am taking about cs609 system programming

app MIT mai programming ker rahain jab k hum BCS  k zamany sy,

hum nay tu COBOL, PASCAL, FORTRAN, BASIC, VISUAL BASIC aur pata nahi kon kon languages seehki hai,

is assignment me apne apni USB ko format karna hai FAT16 structure me, phir BIOS me ja jar apne boot sequence ko set karna hai, means first boot apne USB drive ko karna hai. phir system ko restart karna hai. ager Apki usb boot able hoi to apka system dos mod pe aa jae ga, phir dos mod pe apne command type karni hai, jo apke secondary drive ka data apki usb me copy kare, jab ye sub kam ho jae to ms word ki file me yeh sub steps likh kar submit karwa do.

simple........

wao you hate system programming or phir b 40 lecs sun lye?  boht himmat hai apki 

if USB is of 2GB and lsess capacity only then u can formate it in F16  .

RSS

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service