We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2013
System Programming-CS609

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 10/Feb/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the Disk File Structures and real problems.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given scenario. This implementation will build your understanding of real mode and protected mode limitations more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe the solution in steps if possible. Otherwise describes the reasons of No answer shortly.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode. He has two equal partitions of his 120 GB hard drive. He has an important data on his secondary partition. He has a DOS bootable USB drive with FAT16 structure. Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive? Give logical reason for your answer.

Note: Google the different possibilities for the given scenario assuming that it happen with you. Implement all founded possibilities on your system then suggest a feasible solution for Ahwas within steps. You also can use any other utility within the scenario limitations.

ð     Contact through Skype or email for any other query.

BEST OF LUCK

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 9507

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

bhai solution is he need to boot from ubntu (linux OS) can run from CD without installation on hard disk. access the D drive and copy data to his FAT 16 USB ar any other storage device.

this solution is as per the privilege given in the Note. as yo you can any utility with the same scenarios.

otherwise as for as concerned with FAT 16 DOS 64 bit you can not do this operation.

hahhaha farooq yousaf boss

be cool,, be hapy sir don't wory

zahoor elahi sir it is possible to copy data from hard drive to usb drive. but the main problem is that fat16 usb drive is used and data partition is 120. while fat 16

have capicty to copy only 2 gb.

agr ye main msla nahi tha to phr sir ne hme asimnt me fat16 usb hi q kaha or partition 120 gb hi q btai ha ye he main isshu ha is ko hi solve krna wese to hm sab janty hn k data copy kea ja skta ha

2 gb no problem he can copy again and again with several iterations.

hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i already told that,

but there is an other prob he partitioned 120 gb in equal 2,2,from c....z drive name which is 24 and copy data 84 gb 

wot u say???? about 120 gb

NO wafa g u cannot make more than 4 partitions in an operating system

an even if u can u need to formate the hard drive. if u have access u dnt need to formate just copy the data

wafa gi

1.    we not need to copy all data on 2gb

2.    no need to format or change file system of hard disk drives

3.    only important data we need to copy (If All Then Just take more time)

4.    any dos base program that run on dos we can use for this

confusing point is 64bit bus aur kuch nahi hai

respected sir

assiment me usb drive with fat16  ko mention kea geya ha hme kisi or usb ko yahan nahi lena bas usi ko dekhty huwe solution find krna ha

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode. 

is line ko understand kero frinds.

he could not boot even in safe mood..

then how you say yes Zahoor elahi.........

I did not say yes. but gien an alternate solution with same USB

any one can access disk drive in dos mode if he has ext3, ext2 efat, nfts file system and also have 64bit that always run on long mode...

2gb or more it is another issue just tell them we can access data means copy data from hard disk to usb yes or not

not all data need to copies just for clear our concepts.

Ager ye bechara nhi kr paya to hm be nhi kr skty.

You should understand that DOS 6.22 supports FAT 16 only while DOS 7.1 supports FAT 16 and FAT 32. No version of DOS has ever supported NTFS. Your virtual machine will have no access to the host hard drive unless you set up the OS for network access and doing that in DOS is not simple.

Access to the USB Floppy is my main issue. From what I can see, without reading all the help information, I need the integration features to get access to the A:\ drive.

I've got a lot of old data files on 3.5" and 5.25" floppies from the early 1990s as well as programs. I've got several versions of DOS on original floppies. DOS 6.22 is the last version I have before Win 3.1. I don't even remember what's in those data files. If it was possible to load a DOS VM and get access to those files, it would be interesting. It's also fun to explore what the Win 7 Pro system can do. When I noticed how Win 7 Pro XP Mode was implemented, I thought it would be interesting to try with older OSs. Because I've got the unused disk space, I was thinking about creating a VM for Win 3.1, Win 95, Win 98, etc.... It's just something to try and play with.

RSS

Latest Activity

+αηαѕтαѕιуα❥ liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
55 minutes ago
+αηαѕтαѕιуα❥ replied to Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
55 minutes ago
Musfira Kharal updated their profile
1 hour ago
+ ! ! JS ! ! + liked Hafiza Tehreem Fatima's discussion BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OUR BELOVED <MEMBER SARAH ABDUL
8 hours ago
Hafiza Tehreem Fatima posted a discussion
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to Fragrance of Islam's discussion ENG301 Business Communication GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group ENG301 Business Communication
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to Fragrance of Islam's discussion ENG301 Business Communication GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group ENG301 Business Communication
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MTH633 Group Theory Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group MTH633 Group Theory
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion SOC401 Cultural Anthropology Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group SOC401 Cultural Anthropology
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion SOC401 Cultural Anthropology Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group SOC401 Cultural Anthropology
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion ECO406 Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Due Date: 04-12-2020 in the group ECO406 Mathematical Economics
8 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik liked +M.Tariq Malik's discussion MCM520 Contemporary Mass Media Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion
9 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik added a discussion to the group MCM520 Contemporary Mass Media
9 hours ago
Profile IconMalik Ali Raza, Zohaib Anjum, Arooj Shahid and 11 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
9 hours ago
9 hours ago

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service