We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

GDB TOPIC – CS609

In system programming, our focus is to directly access physical hardware of the machine, in order to control it and provide services to application software. That’s why; system programming requires specially designed, low level languages in order to interact with the hardware, writing kernels, compilers, device drivers etc.

Some of the early system programming languages are PL/I, PL/S, BLISS, and ADA. We’ve thoroughly studied C, C++, and Assembly language which are ubiquitous in system programming.

You have to name any two system programming languages that are recently developed (excluding above mentioned languages). Discuss one key characteristic of each (what is the motive behind its development and why it is suitable for system programming)

Answer:

Embedded C++

Rust Programming Language

Nim Programming Language

Important Notes:

• NO GDB is accepted via e-mail in either case
  • Lengthy replies of GDB will cause in deduction of marks
  • If you would not mentioning your choice at start of your answer, your GDB points would not be marked.

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 1588

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

Replies to This Discussion

please discuss

which choice we have to mention?

Embedded C++

Rust Programming Language

Nim Programming Language

what i understand we need to select any 2 from above given language's.

and explain 1 features of each selected language... 

correct me if i am wrong ????????

u r right

I guess, last two programming languages r correct.

yes,  last two languages is correct.

kia kisi ny solution nai bnaya?

it is just about an idea not a solution you can make a solution from this raw material

Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.

1. Rust is memory safe. By design, Rust code can't have dangling pointers, buffer overflows or other type of memory related errors.
  2. Rust is general purpose language which can be used in any purpose.
  3. Rust is great at concurrent programming.
  4. Rust has a inbuilt dependency and build management known as Cargo.
  5. Rust has great communities

So Nim, pragmatic, very high performance, easy to use, reaches every platform, can reuse C and C++ libraries with ease and has a lot of really cool features to grow with (concepts, concurrency abstractions, vtable types, compile time execution and so on). I have no idea why you aren’t trying it out :)

I do have a lot of gripes with C++. The memory model is not one of them. Some of my other gripes are addressed by Nim. Better template programming, generalized operators, and introspection are all very nice.

Nim takes lessons from various existing languages and makes them its own, making the language and implementation super expressive.

The main power of Nim comes from its metaprogramming capabilities,

Its secondary power comes from its compiler implementation, where the code generator is abstracted and is capable of emitting various target languages (there are 4 currently: C, C++, Obj-C and JS).

Taking inspiration from multiple languages, the Nim syntax is easily understood and results in code that can be modified very efficiently.

• Indentation significant syntax
  • Multiple constructs inspired by Python
  • Multi-line lambdas
  • Oberon-inspired visibility markers
  • Pascal-inspired type sections for leaner definitions
  • Efficient and Expressive –
  • Functional Programming – It is a well designed programming language that supports Iterators
  • Metaprogramming Support – Nim programming language supports compile-time metaprogramming features such as term rewriting macros and syntactic macros.
  • object-oriented programming styles – It supports Object oriented programming style through inheritance and multiple dispatch. polymorphism.
  • simple syntax – It is typed statically with very simple syntax.
  • Garbage Collection – Nim includes automatic garbage collection which is based on the deferred reference counting with cycle detection.
  • Foreign function interface (FFI) – Nim has foreign function interface i.e. FFI with C programming language. It can be easily compiled to JavaScript, C, and C++.

Rust : this langue developed to solve these issues 

1. There is too little attention paid to safety.
2. They have poor concurrency support.
3. There is a lack of practical affordances.
4. They offer limited control over resources.

Nim :

it has clean syntax.
it has garbage collector 
it has good performance 
it has state of the art optimizations
it has Small core 
it has rich prospect for extensible

iss ky ilawa b koi option lain saktyy ky nh??

any solution

just 15 min left

RSS

Today Top Members 

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service