Semester: Spring 2020
CS609: System Programming
Assignment No. 03
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: July 30, 2020
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
§ The assignment is submitted after due date.
§ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
§ You have not followed steps described in Detailed Instructions of the problem statement.
§ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.) Strict action will be taken in this regard.
Note:You have to upload only .doc or .docx file. Assignment in any other format (extension) will not be accepted and will be awarded with zero marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands-on experience of System Programming concepts including:
· Hard DiskInterrupts
· Reading Hard Disk Block
· Invoking Interrupts
· File Pointer
For any assignment related query, contact at CS609@vu.edu.pk
Q: Write C program to perform a block read operation using interrupt 13H/42H. Follow the instructions given below: [Note that we are using DAP data structure which is used by extended int 13H service].
1) Include all header files and declare string arrays to input low and high word.
2) Declare DAP structure and file pointer.
3) Get low double word from the user, temporarily store it in character array st, and assign this value to lbalod.
4) Get high double word from the user, temporarily store it in character array st, and assign this value to lbahid.
5) Finally, generate the interrupt 0x13
6) Open file through fopen()
7) Write the read block of hard disk to file.
Note: Your assignment solution will be in this Word file (.doc or .docx)containing code of C.
Best of Luck!