Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
▪ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
▪ You have not followed all steps described in both questions
▪ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.) Strict action will be taken in this regard.
Note: You must upload only a SINGLE Word document (.doc or .docx). Only code is required written in a Word file. There is no need to attach screenshot. If you provide screenshots, it will not carry any marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands-on experience of System Programming concepts including:
• Accessing Hard Disk
• Exploring BIOSDISK() function
Question: (5 + 5 + 10)
In lecture 26, you have learnt about BIOSDISK() function. In this assignment, we will explore some more usage of this function. The assignment is divided into 3 tasks:
Task 1: Reset the first physical drive of your system using BIOSDISK() function. Check the return value and show the message on the screen accordingly.
Task 2: Read the status of the last disk operation using BIOSDISK() function. Show the status code on the screen.
Task 3: Write your complete Student ID at the first sector of first physical drive. Check the return value and show the message on the screen accordingly
• All 3 tasks require C language code snippets only
• Do NOT run the code in your system as Task 1 may actually reset/format your disk drive. But keep in mind that your code must be syntactically and semantically correct
• There is no need to attach screenshots. If you attach, it will not carry any additional marks.
---BEST OF LUCK---