We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

Graded Discussion Board (GDB) will be launched on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 and it will close on Thursday, June 21, 2012.

GDB Scenario: Suppose, you are employed at ABC Company and working on project to manufacture a Hardware storage device that can only store characters from A to Z (in capitals). You are assigned the task to design/suggest an encoding scheme for data storage. The objective is to optimally utilize available space.

You may design your own encoding scheme or choose one among different available standardized encoding schemes e.g. ASCII, ANSI etc.

GDB Questions:

What strategy will you choose to achieve desired objective in above given circumstances? State the reasons briefly.

Instructions:

A concise, coherent and to the point answer is preferred over lengthy comment having irrelevant details.  Answers, posted on regular Lesson's MDB or sent through email will NOT be considered in any case.

Best of Luck!

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 642

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

why not UTF-8 encoding with ASCII

bhai kadi ty help ker dia kero na?

i think it is not perfect to use UTF-8 encoding with ASCII ....

Hina. Kb help nai ki mene?

ap ny ke kab ha ye batyn????

Why kashif?

yeah its not UTF n ASCII

tu phir is ka solution kya ha?

idea solution hi de do please!

First, ANSI itself is NOT a standard!
The American National Standards Institute is an organisation which creates standards (just like DIN over here in Germany).

ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange, don't know exactly but ASCII maybe was introduced by ANSI ;) is a 7-bit code table and "optimized" for the english language.

The ANSI code pages are used for non-Unicode applications using the Windows GUI. Two single-byte, fixed-width code pages (874 for Thai and 1258 for Vietnamese) and four multibyte CJK code pages (932, 936, 949, 950) are used as both ANSI and OEM code pages. Both ANSI and OEM code pages are extended ASCII code pages"

may it'll help u...............

ASCII is very old, and it's from the 1960s. In the 1980s, ANSI was developed to help better support the global change in the pc as it began migrating to new countries other than the US because it added more characters. Windows began supporting ANSI in 3.1, I believe, and people still mistakenly believe that windows used ASCII before it switched to Unicode, when in fact it was using ANSI with support for Extended ASCII codes. The ANSI version of Miranda supports all ANSI characters I believe, therefore it should be called ANSI in my opinion and not ASCII. The original ASCII had 128 characters, and ANSI had 256 characters. More characters were added to ASCII later and it was renamed to Extended ASCII.So I’ll prefer ANSI instead of ASCII encoding to make hardware storage device.

i'd snd dat 1..............

Solution:

Because The objective is to optimally utilize available space so i will choose THE AMERICAN STANDARD CODE FOR INFORMATION INTERCHANGE (ASCII)The original ASCII character set included 128 "characters.The set included punctuation marks, upper and lowercase Latin alphabetic characters, the digits 0 through 9, and a set of control characters.As we required here only to store characters from A to Z (in capitals) which is included in ASCII The ASCII mapping of this character set to 7-bit numeric values was devised by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to simplify the task of connecting character-oriented peripherals (e.g., printers, teletype machines, monitors, etc) to computers built by different manufacturers.

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service