Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

disscus solution of Assignment No. 03 of System Programming-CS609 Due Date: 28/Jan/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the use of INT 13H and its services.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given program. This implementation will build your understanding of BIOS interrupt 13H routine more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe what happens and how you tackle the errors if any.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Implement the program of lecture number 27 by using the BORLANDC compiler. File path of this program should be at the root directory of D partition and the file name should be LBA.txt. After the implementation of this program you take a memory dump which shows the successive operation of this program.  Also describe the values of this dump to prove the successive operation and also describes the whole processes of your implementation within few lines.

At the end of this assignment, show the data of your text file “LBA.txt” after the execution of above program.

Views: 13986

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

SUMAIRA HAVE U PREPARED THE ASSIGNMENT, I HAVE DONE THIS VIA FLASH , PROGRAM RUNS, BUT HOW TO TAKE DUMP? AND WEATHER WE WILL TAKE THIS DUMP VIA  DOSBOX OR HOW ?

MY PROGRAM RUNS BUT IT GENERATES EMPTY FILE OF TEXT.

GUIDE ME THIS.

plz guide step by step anyone

iffi(Mcs*4) 

when u instl the lfash drive in ur system u have to restart ur system by command of restart system in dosbox and goes to BIOS and chng ur hard drive mem into flash after this run ur prog and give the command of debug 

befor this step kiya krna ha...?

no when u run ur prog it will not be an empty screen if  

enter the lba low double word:

and hight word kiya likhna ho ga?

and path kia ho ga

Student's Message:

Msg No. 621814

Subject: Assignment 3 issues

Dear sir, After compile and running project what value should be put in i). low double word. ii). high double word. and iii). path. And finally where dump file will store? Thank you sir in advance.

Post Your Comments

Other Students' Comments: 0

Instructor's Reply:

Give any feasible far address address by dividing it in two parts as an lba address as described in lecture. Then take the dump of the same address through debug command and also show the values to prove the successive operations. 

Student's Message:

Msg No. 621623

Subject: Assignment No. 03 issue

Asslam-o-Alikum Sir
I have a problem kindly guide me how to handle it? I tried to run this programe under windows environment but it results in empty file(LBA.txt ). Because windows provide protected environment. Then I tried to run this programe in DOS, programs runs but i can't access to any harddisk drive including D drive, because i boot it from USB. Kindly guide me how to handle this issue? Windows don't allow me to do it and after booting from anyother device like USB I can't access D drive then how to store data in LBA.txt because it is located in D drive according to instructions in assignment file. Thanks
Regards  

Post Your Comments

Other Students' Comments: 0

Instructor's Reply:

Welldone Student, If you have booted your system through DOS mode bootable media. Even Though the accessing D drive in DOS mode is the part of your assignment but i give you the hint. You can mount all those drives which are hidden in DOS environment. You can use C drive for generating the text file if you could not mount any part of Hard Drive. 

Don't Display see the instructor rpl  

Sumaira Shabbir

mra program compile ho k run hota ha...

bus low duble word aur high duble word ki smaj nai aa rhi...

aur kiya dosbox zrori install krna ha?

if ur prog is compile or run without dosbox then there is no need to install dosbox 

ok most thanks Sumair Shabbir

just tell what write in low and high double word?

I don't understanding instructor reply...

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Latest Activity

Sid liked Mani Siddiqui's discussion Suno Larki Abi Tum Ishq Mat Karna
18 minutes ago
Mani Siddiqui posted a discussion
40 minutes ago
SAIM updated their profile
2 hours ago
Mani Siddiqui posted a status
"بس تعلق کا #____انتقال ہوگیا...!!! زندہ تھی #_محبت دونوں طرف...!!!"
3 hours ago