Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

disscus solution of Assignment No. 03 of System Programming-CS609 Due Date: 28/Jan/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the use of INT 13H and its services.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given program. This implementation will build your understanding of BIOS interrupt 13H routine more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe what happens and how you tackle the errors if any.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Implement the program of lecture number 27 by using the BORLANDC compiler. File path of this program should be at the root directory of D partition and the file name should be LBA.txt. After the implementation of this program you take a memory dump which shows the successive operation of this program.  Also describe the values of this dump to prove the successive operation and also describes the whole processes of your implementation within few lines.

At the end of this assignment, show the data of your text file “LBA.txt” after the execution of above program.

Views: 13986

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Don't Display if ur system is allow to aceess the disk directly then there is no need of dosbox but if ur system does not alow to this u have to instaal dosbox and also need  flash (usb)

path value is the value where u have to save ur program and lba double low and high word is far address which u use in ur program u have to divide this into two such as lba doubl low and lba diuble high word 

agar ap ek dafa lecture no 27 sun lain tu i hope it will clear to you how can solve this assignment 

how to boot from usb, i meen did you mean to make USB as bootable.
...can you please make thing little bit more clear as i also tried to load lba.txt but only null of 512 bytes are stored in it..

u have to instal flash drive in ur system bro then it will be possible 

sumaira sis please come online

badarqa shakoor  hum  skype  py online haen 

dear sumaira shabbir,

how we instal flash drive in our system? and after that what steps we have to do?

plz explain in detail?

when we plug flash drive in system it automatically install on it, there is no need to install, so what do u mean by installing flash drive?

rufus software apko net sy mil jaye ga usko download kr  k aur usb attach karo apny system sy then run this software 

(but remember before istall this software ap apna important data kahen r save kr lijiaye ga may b it will lose after installing this software )

My program is running succefully, but what is mean these line please explain ...

Enter the LBA low double word:?

Enter the LBA high double word:?

Enter the Path:?

Please one give its value example thanks...

Shamoon, i also dont understand about it. plz any one can explain it?

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service