+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
AOA olease upload final term paperz
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
thnx alot wafa
Thanks wafa gi
thanxx wafa and fatima
My today paper
80% mcqs from moaz file:
1)Write three Data Structures for Memory DOS use?
• MCB ( Memory Control Block )
• EB ( Environment Block )
• PSP ( Program Segment Prefix )
2)Scan Disk Surface Scan for Bad Sectors
• It attempts to write a block.
• After write it reads back the block contents.
• Performs the CRC test on data read back.
• If there is an error then the data on that block is not stable the cluster of that block should be marked bad.
• The cluster is marked bad by placing the appropriate code for bad cluster so that they
may not be allocated to any file.
3) How Accessing NTFS volume in DOS?
• NTFS volume can not be accessed in DOS using DOS based function like absread( ) etc.
• DOS device drivers does not understand the NTFS data structures like MFT etc.
• If NTFS volume is accessed in DOS, it will fire the error of Invalid Media.
4) How to recovered a Deleted Files?
• 0xE5 at the start of file entry is used to mark the file as deleted.
• The contents of file still remain on disk.
• The contents can be recovered by placing a valid file name, character in place of E5 and then recovering the chain of file in FAT.
• If somehow the clusters used by deleted file has been overwritten by some other file, it cannot be recovered.
5) Structure of Partitioning Table
• Total size of Partition Table is 512 bytes.
• First 446 bytes contains code which loads the boot block of active partition and is executed at Boot Time.
• Rest of the 66 bytes is the Data part.
• Last two bytes of the Data part is the Partition table signature.
6)Find root dir if reserved sector = 1 and size of fat is 9?
Root DIR Sector: reserved sectors +
2 * (size of FAT) = 1 + 2 * 9 = 19
7)write the functionality of absread and abswrite?
• absread( )
is used to read a block given its LSN
• abswrite( )
is used to write a block given its LSN
absread(int drive, int nsects, long lsec, void *buffer);
abswrite(int drive, int nsects, long lsec, void *buffer);
other question from old papers. Kindly pray for me :)
jin students ka paper ho gia ha wo plz paper share ker den jaldiiiii
mcq 80 % from moaaz file and 10 from mid which is also given above moaaz file
paper is v easy...
file size is 12k and cluster size is 4 is k shyd bloks find krne thy 2 marks
1st sector no formula 2 marks
segment*10h+ofset ye formula likhna tha 2 marks
1st user block no givn bloks per cluster is given find the sector. 2 maks eazy tha
formula put kr k valu put kr di but calculation ni ati thi hexa ki
name three descriptor table 3 marks
if LSN given then how to read a block 3 marks
wot is the purpose of control register in DMA 3 marks
address translation from logical to physical 3 marks
biosdisk limititions 5 marks
scan bad sector 5 marks
ntfs file system 5 marks
fat12,16 major difrence with fat 32 5 marks
Thx alot Wafa
ap k wala sara mujy ata ha dua krna k mera b acha ho ameen