We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS614 Assignment No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date:17-11-2016

Assignment No. 1 Graded Semester Fall 2016 Data Warehousing– CS614 Total Marks: 10 Due Date: 17-11-2016 Objective: This assignment has been designed to develop your ability to apply De-Normalization Techniques and principles to normalized data/tables. Instructions: Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting the assignment: 1. The assignment will not be accepted after due date. 2. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt. 3. The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format. 4. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet). 5. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if the Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file. For any query about the assignment, contact only at CS614@vu.edu.pk Please do not post queries related to assignment on MDB. Question: [10 Marks] The four tables given below are in normalized form. You are required to de-normalize these tables and to combine them to a single table using demoralization techniques you have studied so far. Table#1 Student_ID Name Address/City Salutation ID BC1234 Ayesha Multan road, Lahore 1 MC2235 Adil Saleem Clifton Karachi 2 MC2236 Komel Masood G-12, Islamabad 3 MS3456 Kashif Hayatabad, Peshawar 2 Table#2 Salutation ID Salutation 1 Ms. 2 Mr. 3 Mrs. Table#3 Student_ID Course Code BC1234 CS101 BC1234 CS201 MC2235 CS201 MC2235 CS301 MC2236 CS101 MC2236 MGT101 MS3456 CS701 MS3456 CS702 Table#4 Course Code Course Name Instructor Campus CS101 Introduction to Computing Dr. Ijaz Lahore CS201 Computer Programing Dr. Saqib Karachi CS301 Data Structures Dr. Jamal Islamabad MGT101 Management Dr. Ali Islamabad CS701 Algorithms Dr. Hassan Lahore CS702 Automata Theory Dr. Atif Lahore Note: Deadline for assignment submission is 17th November 2016. Wish you best of Luck!

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 6127

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

any idea about what is the solving pattern of assignment

I think there is a good example of de-normalize tables....
http://www.jamesserra.com/archive/2011/10/denormalizing-dimension-t...

thann

discuss your problem related to assignment...mene bna li hy,kon confirm kr k de ga k koi mistakes hyn ya thk hyn ya thk bn agya table

@jannat_MIT

Ap share karo gi then he bata sakte han thek hai k ghalt.

I think we have to combine all tables into one table only? Correct me If I am wrong?

yes but kesy de-normalize  krty hen is k bhe tu kuch rules hen na

@areeba ***mcs***

Handouts me Five principal De-Normalization techniques mention han.

Mere khayal se Collapsing Tables or Pre-joining in dono me se k technique use hogi.

combine karny ka b to koe sequence ho ga na jannat ap apna table share karain

@Zain ul haq

Techniques are mentioned in book.

student id, name, address/city, salutation id, salutation, course code, course name instructor, campuskaya fileds is sequence mae ho gi?

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service