We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS614 Assignment No 03 Solution & Discussion Due Date:Feb 16, 2015

Consider the below applicant table:

Applicant_ Info

.Question:

Apply all three steps of Basic Sorted Neighborhood (BSN) method to find out the duplicate records in the table. Records will be considered duplicate if the value of “Applicant_id

” column is same in these records.

Use the following rules for the key:

Key:

Key will consist of first three characters from “Applicant_id”, then first three characters from “Applicant_Name” and then first two characters from “father_Name” column.

BSN method comprises of three steps given below:

a) Create key

In step-1, you will create the key according to the rules as mentioned above against each record. For this, you can add extra column at the end of the table to show the new key created against each record.

b) Sort the data

In step-2, you will sort the record on the basis of newly created key of step-1.

c) Merge

In step-3, consider the window size (w) equal to two (2). You are required to identify the similar records on the basis of sorted key.

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 6078

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

share your ideas plz.

what's about step 3 "Merge"??

anyone plz help :/ share ur idea.. em just stuck..

idea

creat key m jo 1st entry hy uski key esy bny gy. cs2umaik. jesy asmnt m btya gya hy k first three charctr applicnt is sy thn three applicant name sy thn two frm father name sy. creat key tk tu hogya but nxt sort kesy kryn gy

plz any one share idea immediately

There is no Sort Button in Word. 

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me hw can we made this assignment bcz m feeling so difficulty .anyone cn give me solution of this?should we do it in just wrd or anywhere?

bai kindly send the solution file

Plz tell me hw can we made this assignment bcz m feeling so difficulty .anyone cn give me solution of this?should we do it in just wrd or anywhere?
software or other

What is the last part? identify ? sort sai he identify hojaiga why they are asking to use merge?

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service